Impala Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, Are they any ramps out there that work with 14 - 20 Model Impalas ?

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Hey guys, Are they any ramps out there that work with 14 - 20 Model Impalas ?

I have a set of two metal drive-on ramps, that came with four (two for each side) plastic composite adapters that snap into the bottom front of the ramps - allowing cars with low clearance (often due to underbody aid dams) to be driven onto the ramps. I have used them for my 2014 Impala 2LTZ (new model). I bought them some time ago at a local auto parts warehouse. The use of the adapters is optional, if your vehicle does not need additional clearance. The adapters extend the reach of the ramp.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Do you know the brand name of the ramps so I can look them up ?

Thanks.

·
Registered
146 Posts
If the 19 20 has same ground clearance as a 2012 fleet..harborfreight has some. 25 30 bucks

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front is much closer to the ground on the newer body style.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I made a couple ramps out of 2x12's doubled up. The front air dam on my 2018 premier too low for all the ramps I've looked at. The homemade ramps are good enough for oil changes.

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
They are in a place that is hard to get to - I will get them out tomorrow and try to determine the brand name. I will also post a picture if possible.

I found the ramps - but cannot find the two (each side) plastic adapters. I recently moved to a new home and many things are still packed in boxes, in the garage and basement. If I find them - I will post a picture. The ramps did not have any brand name on them. I've had them for at least 15 years, and they are so old they were probably made in America.

·
Registered
104 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I had saw those looking around and they look sick!! Looks like you can roll onto them effortlessly without them sliding forward with the weight of the car but I can't justify that price for low profile ramps when I can almost lay under my car with 22" rims
I purchased the ramps in 2015 $100 less than today... I needed ramps for my ZO6 if you look at the reviews photos that's My yellow Vette, also I needed lead up ramps so I would not damage the air splitter. I know price is very important, But so is safety! If you can lay under your car and use manual dexterity for the drain plug... You don't need ramps!

·
Registered
1,872 Posts
Here is a photo of one ramp and the two adapters to enable use on vehicles with low clearance underneath.

The adapters have thick stubs that fit into holes in the adapter and the metal ramp.

The adapters have the company name on them: Tru-Cut Automotive, 75 Elm Avenue, Salem, OH 44460 (USA). Phone: 800-634-7267. They were made in the USA and have lasted for years of use with many family vehicles.

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts