Impala Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there, I'm new here 25(f) and I am still learning a lot about cars and what the maintenance required is. this may sound stupid, but I have a 2019 impala Lt 2 days ago I was at a red light and when the light turned green the car wouldn't turn on (and it has that auto turn off option) I was freaking out, I turned off the car waited 5 min and then turned it on again and it started with no issue the rest of the day. Now yesterday I was on my way home and was at another red light, light turned green, and it would not turn on anymore, so I freaked out again and waited 5 mins than turned it on but this time it would start. I couldn't even turn on my emergency light, I had to push the car to the side of the road. we had a tow company come and drop off the car at a dealership. can having a low oil life cause this to happen?

· Registered
2,555 Posts
Hi there, I'm new here 25(f) and I am still learning a lot about cars and what the maintenance required is. this may sound stupid, but I have a 2019 impala Lt 2 days ago I was at a red light and when the light turned green the car wouldn't turn on (and it has that auto turn off option) I was freaking out, I turned off the car waited 5 min and then turned it on again and it started with no issue the rest of the day. Now yesterday I was on my way home and was at another red light, light turned green, and it would not turn on anymore, so I freaked out again and waited 5 mins than turned it on but this time it would start. I couldn't even turn on my emergency light, I had to push the car to the side of the road. we had a tow company come and drop off the car at a dealership. can having a low oil life cause this to happen?

Low oil life cannot cause this problem.

I’d suspect a problem with the primary or secondary battery. The vehicle will have to be scanned to reveal any stored trouble codes.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts