Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2019 Impala LS, with less than 3,200 miles experienced a loss of engine power, sluggish transmission, with the Stabilitrak warning light coming on, stating that the system needed servicing; the check engine warning light also came on. In addition, my Impala constantly stalled out, when I stopped at a traffic light.

The dealer analyzed the problem as a defective high pressure fuel pump, which was replaced, along with the two high pressure fuel lines. It is incredible and astounding regarding the lack of quality control, required the replacement of those parts, with an Impala, with very little mileage.

·
Registered
2,876 Posts
My 2019 Impala LS, with less than 3,200 miles experienced a loss of engine power, sluggish transmission, with the Stabilitrak warning light coming on, stating that the system needed servicing; the check engine warning light also came on. In addition, my Impala constantly stalled out, when I stopped at a traffic light.

The dealer analyzed the problem as a defective high pressure fuel pump, which was replaced, along with the two high pressure fuel lines. It is incredible and astounding regarding the lack of quality control, required the replacement of those parts, with an Impala, with very little mileage.
Which engine do you have in your car?

Doug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

V-6 engine;

·
Registered
2,876 Posts

V-6 engine;
The 3.6L V6 has an outstanding reputation. And the direct injection system has been in production for many years - any problems were worked out years ago.

Sounds to me like you have a very rare issue, but it has been resolved, under warranty.

Doug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 3.6L V6 has an outstanding reputation. And the direct injection system has been in production for many years - any problems were worked out years ago.

Sounds to me like you have a very rare issue, but it has been resolved, under warranty.

Doug

Doug, whereas the fuel pump issue with the Impala 3.6L V-6 might have been a rare occurrence, nevertheless it was very unpleasant to have been on the highway, with a loss of power, and the car stalling out at every traffic stop. Even though it was repaired under warranty, the warranty can't replace the stress that I went through with that problem. One would normally expect to replace a fuel pump when a car has over 60,000 miles, and not 3,200 miles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts