Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Just traded my 2012 impala for the 2019 chevy impala LS 3.6l v6 with 6k miles , I've been driving it for about a week now and noticed some shudder at about 43 -45 mph more so on inclines but goes away when taking foot of Accelerator. I took the car back to the dealer and explained to them what I was Experiencing , they said that the car was still breaking in and it was learning the way I drive . I would like to know if anyone else has experienced this type of issue with the new impalas , also would like to get some advice as to possible fix .

· Registered
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
218 Posts
Take it back to the dealer. It's not "learning your drive style" bullshit. Transmissions don't shutter as part of the process, or at all. Something is loose or on its way out. They're going to jerk you around until your grace period ends and you can't return it. Get your money back and leave that stealership.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah your right sounds like a line of bull #$% they use alot , going to take it to another dealer and press a little harder , don't want to return the the car To late for that Iam too Attached . Just want them to fix it And honor the 5 year power train warranty.

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Earliest I can get in to have it looked at is Dec 13th with the dealer , car shudders all the time now at the 43-45 mph zone more so on inclines light throttle and goes away when removing foot from Accelerator , shudder is not in steering wheel
I will post back after the Appointment for update if any one is interested.

· Registered
2002 Chevrolet TrailBlazer LTZ 4.2L
218 Posts
Earliest I can get in to have it looked at is Dec 13th with the dealer , car shudders all the time now at the 43-45 mph zone more so on inclines light throttle and goes away when removing foot from Accelerator , shudder is not in steering wheel
I will post back after the Appointment for update if any one is interested.
I am interested.

· Registered
10 Posts
There are so many things that can give symptoms like this, and it's a slightly different transmission, but it sounds almost exactly what happened with my 2016 Traverse. It just kept getting worse until it became nearly impossible to accelerate up a hill (I live on a hill). I ended up having to bring it in 3 seperate times before it was completely fixed. GM would only authorize work to a certain point, and would only allow for further work and parts replacement once the issue came back (which usually took about a week or two of driving). Thankfully it was all still covered by the bumper-to-bumper CPO warranty, so I didn't have to pressure them at all for the work to be done under warranty. They would've provided me an SUV as a loaner, but I opted for the Impala since I was looking for a replacement for my dying Grand Prix.

Here's a list of what they eventually replaced to fix the issue. BTW, the 2nd-to-3rd shift flare has returned, but it's completely out of warranty now. So, I live with it for now.

Transmission chatter returned (see #109417) in 1st & 2nd under moderate to hard acceleration and now shift flare during 2-3 shift. Partial rebuild: replaced due to damage or wear - 1234 clutches, seals, fluid, valve body, pump. Cleaned, case, converter housing, tcm.

· Registered
2,526 Posts

· Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow veary sorry for all the troubles you had with yours
Really hope I don't have to go through that , I haven't made my first payment yet . And now Iam Experience a 2-3 flair shift .

· Registered
25 Posts
My wife's 17' 3.6 w/80k that has a bad shudder. Tranny shop said it needs a new torque converter and quoted me $5,250 to replace. FML Always maintained and had the fluids flushed at recommended intervals but still get fu&%# arrhh!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts