Impala Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a few days of driving my 2018 LS, I can't get enough of this wonderful car. The V6 has power to spare, with a nice exhaust note. Amazing ride quality, quiet, smooth.

This is my first car ever with both push button start, and keyless access. I'm really enjoying both, as I no longer need to get my key fob out for anything. I also like how the back doors have the little buttons for keyless access.

Initiated the 3 mo trial with XM, and I'm loving the tunes on the MyLink system.

I test drove a 2017 LS before getting my 2018 LS, and I noted the following additions/changes Chevrolet incorporated in the 2018 (LS trim):

-push button start/keyless access
-rear-view camera
-MyLink
-upgraded trim pieces on door panels/center console
-storage bin to left of steering wheel
-leatherette seating surfaces
-compass

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The V6 is marvelous and we look cool among the sea of SUVs.
Most definitely. I live in New England, and I will say that an entire week can go by, and I won't see this generation of Impala on the road, nor in parking lots. They seem very rare, around here anyway. Makes it all the more special.

I see your Impala is that beautiful Pepperdust Metallic color. Mine is Nightfall Grey Metallic, only available 2018-19.

Pat, did you read this post of mine? A/C light, colder temps outside | Impala Forums Wondering if your A/C light in your Impala comes on at every start, regardless of (cold) temps outside.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Most definitely. I live in New England, and I will say that an entire week can go by, and I won't see this generation of Impala on the road, nor in parking lots. They seem very rare, around here anyway. Makes it all the more special.

I see your Impala is that beautiful Pepperdust Metallic color. Mine is Nightfall Grey Metallic, only available 2018-19.

Pat, did you read this post of mine? A/C light, colder temps outside | Impala Forums Wondering if your A/C light in your Impala comes on at every start, regardless of (cold) temps outside.
I see a lot of Impalas in my area, Phoenix AZ. I see at least 2-3 a day on the roads. There are a few retirement communities sprinkled around the valley & I bet 2/3rds come from them. They, like me were former loyal Buick buyers that just couldn't do stop/start on the latest LaCrosse, so hello Impala! The only thing I'd miss about Buick is the quiet tuning. With our Impalas we get acoustic glass and triple seal doors, but we get surface road noise, that Buick negates with insulation around wheel wells, engine firewall and more insulation under the carpets.

Thanks on my color, it's pretty cool, tan in the sunlight & grey in the shade and in the evening. I think PepperDust started in 2016 and was dropped for last 1/2 yr in 2020. Like two colors in one! Nightfall Grey is sweet too with the modest black trim around mirrors and grille. I have the light wheat leather in mine to brighten up the interior a bit. It's also rare 1 in 7 of Impala's have it.

The climate control has a memory feature I bet for the Auto Start function. Since it doesn't get real cold here, I just bump the temp up to 72/74. If it's pretty chilly I just turn it off & the car remembers it's off for next auto start. ( I'll check out your post you listed, for more details.)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see a lot of Impalas in my area, Phoenix AZ. I see at least 2-3 a day on the roads.
Wow! I haven't seen one here in NE for over a week.

Nightfall Grey is sweet too with the modest black trim around mirrors and grille.
Yes, I like it. With the LS, I have all-black grille and mirrors, although the mirrors it's difficult to distinguish, due to the darker exterior color of the car.

I have the light wheat leather in mine to brighten up the interior a bit. It's also rare 1 in 7 of Impala's have it.
That's one beautiful interior color.

The climate control has a memory feature I bet for the Auto Start function.
Do you mean remote start? Unfortunately, the LS does not have that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts