Impala Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’d been in the market to trade my 2013 Escape for a few months and finally gave up on finding a suv I liked that didn’t cost a kings ransom. I checked out a couple Buick LaCrosse models (my very first car was a Buick) but it had a few too many gadgets for my taste.
After reading the last gen Impala shared the same platform, I gave a few a look.
AWD would’ve been a nice option but not a deal breaker, but when I ran across this velvet blue 2018 with only 9k on the clock, I was knocked over. I’m pretty sure the car hadn’t sold because the previous owner was a smoker, but these are things that can be cured.
The car was originally purchased in NC, serviced at that dealer and traded in there as well. I wonder if it ever left the state? LOL
I also like how you can turn on/off most of the features to your taste.
After owning it a couple weeks and doing a few minor mods, the car continues to impress. The ride is supple, the handling amazing for a car this size, the interior comfort punches above its class, especially for legroom and the mpg shames vehicles with less size and power. My trip home to VA from NC (about a 2hr drive) it knocked down 30.8mpg. For a car boasting 310hp, that’s no joke!
Speaking of performance, zero to sixty numbers always sound important but the way a car responds in real world driving makes all the difference and the Impala delivers. The 3.6 is eager and barks an angry growl (though muted) at WOT. Something I cured with a pair of Magnaflow mufflers.
For a roomy, fun-to-drive sedan with stout trunk space, this car is hard to beat, especially at this price range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
232 Posts
Too bad more buyers didn't give the newer Impala a try. I believe the HP rating is 305, not the 310 that Camaro V6 does (smaller, lighter). I'm a Buick guy too and LaCrosse's pesky stop start was the deal breaker. Hello Impala! Picked up a new 2019 in Aug 2019. Haven't looked back. Best of luck with your newer ride & welcome aboard!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
@fusilier ....I also found a white Impala Premier on Autotrader and it had the white/wheat trim interior (which I ADORE) with only 24k miles! I wanted that car badly but it was way out on Long Island NY. With this blue one so much closer in Raleigh and the 9k miles, I just had to pass on the white one (but they are SO gorgeous!)

·
Registered
10 Posts
I agree on the wheat/white interior, mine is black/gray. Finding the white diamond pearl put me over the top on the decision. Sold my charger for more than I paid for it. So I put a big check in my pocket as well. Kids starting to drive. Using the extra cash on a Jeep for my daughter.

·
Registered
232 Posts
@fusilier ....I also found a white Impala Premier on Autotrader and it had the white/wheat trim interior (which I ADORE) with only 24k miles! I wanted that car badly but it was way out on Long Island NY. With this blue one so much closer in Raleigh and the 9k miles, I just had to pass on the white one (but they are SO gorgeous!)
You are right the light wheat interior is NICE. It brightens the interior and breaks up the sea of black on the doors. I'm surprised more Impala's didn't have light wheat. If I had to guess how many, less than 1/5th which makes mine more special, different from the pack.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts