Impala Forums banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I always loved the Pontiacs with the honeycomb pattern tail lights. When I found that pattern in a light vinyl tint, I had to give it a go. As before, my results aren’t pro level for sure but from a few steps away they still look pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sheila

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 · (Edited)
At long last my “Roadhawk” decals finally arrived. Although mostly black in design they still had tiny chrome accents (they’re acrylic domed so they use foil background for chrome effect)
Sadly, after putting a few on, given all the chrome delete work I did, the decals stuck out like a heavily bandaged head.

I decided to go back and resurrect the name/theme I used for my 2001 GP which was “Thunderbat”
I’ve gotten more than a few “Batmobile” compliments from other folks in parking lots so it seemed like a fitting way to go.
The new decals will be dark tone colors only with no chrome so hopefully they’ll blend better

Here’s the logo I designed

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I was a bit surprised last week when I did the next oil change. It only took 4k miles to get down to 40% oil life. I don't like running it much below that but I did typically go 5k on full synthetic.
(That filter is a real PITA to get off and on) LOL

·
Registered
2016 Impala Limited LT. 3.6L Engine. No mods. Bought used (rental) with 46,000 Mi, now had 90,000
341 Posts
I was a bit surprised last week when I did the next oil change. It only took 4k miles to get down to 40% oil life. I don't like running it much below that but I did typically go 5k on full synthetic.
(That filter is a real PITA to get off and on) LOL
My cheap Harbor Freight filter wrench never get enough grip and I end up having to try and slip in that material they use for grip to open jar lids. It is all very half-a$$ed, but it does eventually work.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
When I began driving back in the 70s, rear window louvers on muscle cars were a thing. I’ve always loved the look and I’ve been glad to see them staging a comeback.
After some quick measuring, I was surprised to find the Camaro and Impala back glass are a lot closer in size than I thought. (2018 models)
So I ordered a set of louvers (that I could return if needed) to see how they might look. If the gap on either side isn’t too big, they might look good.
We’ll see when they arrive

·
Registered
2018 Impala Premier 2LZ - Silver
2 Posts
While I was installing my new wheels, the FedEx truck arrived with my new decklid spoiler. After the Charger spoiler I bought turned out to be FAR too wide, I found a universal pedestal mount on eBay. This actually turned out much better than I hoped. I gave it a quick test fit,
View attachment 164853 View attachment 164854

Overall, the look is pretty much what I was going for although, I wish the mounting feet were a bit more narrow since they clash with the body lines of the trunk. They may have to be trimmed.
I'm also undecided on leaving it gloss black (since I will be blacking out other trim on the car) wrapping it with carbon fiber-look vinyl, or having it paint matched to the body. Maybe paint the pedestals and wrap the wing? Undecided yet.
View attachment 164855
The overall look flows well with the body and isn't over-large like the Tuner crowd. The wheels I love tho, and the fit is excellent with no rubbing despite the change in offset.

So what exactly did you end up having to purchase to make the Charger spoiler work? I am wanting to purchase a Charger spoiler for mine considering the Impala factory spoilers are way too small for my liking.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
As you can see from the pics I didn’t use the Charger spoiler. I simply returned it and got my money back.
I agreed the factory style units are not a spoiler at all but more of a lip.
The universal pedestal mount I bought was bought after a lot of sifting on eBay.
Basically I measured the width of the trunk, width of the entire back and tried to find something that fit the bill.
I always tried to make sure I order something that can be returned so if the dry fit doesn’t work, I’m not stuck with the part.
The same was true of the Camaro window louvers. It turns out the Camaro glass tapers toward the trunk where the Impala gets wider. The length was close but otherwise it just didn’t fit well enough.
Happy hunting!

61 - 67 of 67 Posts