Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What’s up everyone,

So, for a little over a month now, my car has been having some issues. It all started late October when I noticed my key fob wasn’t working as normal and how I couldn’t remote start my car. As I walk up to the car to open the door with the passive key, it wouldn’t open right away and I would have to stand there for a second before it actually opened. For awhile, I thought it was just a dead battery on the key fob. So, in mid November I was leaving work one day and I was trying to put on my remote start and it made one click noise and did t start at all. Tried it on the myChevrolet app and it didn’t work. So, I had to get roadside assistance to give my car a jump and it turned on.

At the time, I was under the impression that I just needed a brand new battery. So a week later after everyday having to jump my car with a super cap jump pack(it really saved me, seriously), I went to advanced auto parts to get the diehard platinum battery(GM was going to charge me $191 for the AC delco battery and $174 for labor, heck no! Lol). Battery replaced and the car was starting fine with no problems.

On thanksgiving night, I went to a friend to get a plate and as I was leaving, my car was clicking, but wasn’t able to start again. Used the supercap to jump it and it started. Been having to do that for a little over a week. Yesterday night as I got home, my car interior lights was flickering and on my dash it kept saying, “Adaptive cruise control temporarily unavailable” and when I make a sharp cut turn, it would say “Power steering needs service”. This morning, I was scheduled to take my car in to finally get this situation resolved, so I wasn’t able to electronically get in the car and the key fob wouldn’t work, so I had to take the piece off the door hand to manually open the door. Tried jumping it with the super cap and a neighbor tried to jump it with the cables, but wouldn’t start. I had to get the car towed and it’s there now.
Anyone know what this issue could be? People are saying it’s the alternator, but I have a feeling it’s more to it. Any help would be helpful. Thanks In advance.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you add any led bulbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nope, didn’t do absolutely nothing to it. Keeping it stock since I purchased an extended “service contract”(bumper to bumper warranty) when I got the car new in 2018.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Mine did that for a minute and come to find out it was the led back up bulbs. After I put on the resistor I didn’t have any more battery problems. That why I asked just in case you did buy led bulbs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Black 2012 Impala LS, Gold 2000 Impala
86 Posts
[cut]
So, for a little over a month now, my car has been having some issues. [cut]
Anyone know what this issue could be? People are saying it’s the alternator, but I have a feeling it’s more to it. Any help would be helpful. Thanks In advance.
Wow, those are interesting symptoms. It is possible to have a bad new battery. It least it was for my parent's car when the dealer put in a new battery under warranty.
1) I would check both terminator bolts on the connection to the battery, plus and minus. Unscrew the bolt and check both the threads on the bolt (male) and the indentations on the battery side (female) to make sure they are clean and not damaged. Maybe follow the battery wires a bit to check for looseness.
2) Replace the battery, again.
3) Bring it in the shop to have the alternator checked.

Tell me more about this super cap jump pack. Where do connect it when you jump? I really would not recommend jumping it again and again for a week as you mentioned. This is a serious problem where one should stop driving it if the issue could not be looked at immediately.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, those are interesting symptoms. It is possible to have a bad new battery. It least it was for my parent's car when the dealer put in a new battery under warranty.
1) I would check both terminator bolts on the connection to the battery, plus and minus. Unscrew the bolt and check both the threads on the bolt (male) and the indentations on the battery side (female) to make sure they are clean and not damaged. Maybe follow the battery wires a bit to check for looseness.
2) Replace the battery, again.
3) Bring it in the shop to have the alternator checked.

Tell me more about this super cap jump pack. Where do connect it when you jump? I really would not recommend jumping it again and again for a week as you mentioned. This is a serious problem where one should stop driving it if the issue could not be looked at immediately.
This is the super cap. This the updated one.

This is the Scott Kilmer review of it. This is the exact one I have.

·
Registered
86 Posts
This is the super cap. This the updated one. [cut]
Interesting. I'm glad Scott likes it. That guy is a posting machine. Did you use the alligator clamps or the cigarette lighter plug?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting. I'm glad Scott likes it. That guy is a posting machine. Did you use the alligator clamps or the cigarette lighter plug?
Alligator clamps. With the Super Cap, you don’t need to charge it to a plug or anything. It just takes the power from the battery and sends it back to the battery to give it juice to start. That’s why it’s worth the money! Lol

·
Registered
86 Posts
Alligator clamps. With the Super Cap, you don’t need to charge it to a plug or anything. It just takes the power from the battery and sends it back to the battery to give it juice to start. That’s why it’s worth the money! Lol
Ok. Brilliant idea. Did you find out if you can get the fix under warranty?

·
Registered
14 Posts
What’s up everyone,

So, for a little over a month now, my car has been having some issues. It all started late October when I noticed my key fob wasn’t working as normal and how I couldn’t remote start my car. As I walk up to the car to open the door with the passive key, it wouldn’t open right away and I would have to stand there for a second before it actually opened. For awhile, I thought it was just a dead battery on the key fob. So, in mid November I was leaving work one day and I was trying to put on my remote start and it made one click noise and did t start at all. Tried it on the myChevrolet app and it didn’t work. So, I had to get roadside assistance to give my car a jump and it turned on.

At the time, I was under the impression that I just needed a brand new battery. So a week later after everyday having to jump my car with a super cap jump pack(it really saved me, seriously), I went to advanced auto parts to get the diehard platinum battery(GM was going to charge me $191 for the AC delco battery and $174 for labor, heck no! Lol). Battery replaced and the car was starting fine with no problems.

On thanksgiving night, I went to a friend to get a plate and as I was leaving, my car was clicking, but wasn’t able to start again. Used the supercap to jump it and it started. Been having to do that for a little over a week. Yesterday night as I got home, my car interior lights was flickering and on my dash it kept saying, “Adaptive cruise control temporarily unavailable” and when I make a sharp cut turn, it would say “Power steering needs service”. This morning, I was scheduled to take my car in to finally get this situation resolved, so I wasn’t able to electronically get in the car and the key fob wouldn’t work, so I had to take the piece off the door hand to manually open the door. Tried jumping it with the super cap and a neighbor tried to jump it with the cables, but wouldn’t start. I had to get the car towed and it’s there now.
I know that if one of your sensors is bad the remote start wont work

·
Registered
86 Posts
Yeah, they said it was a wiring issue and they’re replacing the wires. It’s covered under the warranty.
Hi @FAWAZ87!
I noticed it's been around 13 days since the last post. Were you able to see your Impala repaired or is it still in process?

·
Registered
113 Posts
As of lately, I have had an electrical issue and idk how to go about it. To start things off, my night time running lights in the left taillight is not working. But if I happen to press the brakes, signal to the left,engage the hazards or unlock or lock the car they seem to function. Also, the Halo and my DRL, on the driver side are both out. I also noticed that if i play with the headlight switch, I can get the left taillight to come on very briefly but then it goes out again. Then finally while I was messing with the headlight switch the problem seemed to jump from the left taillight to the right one and the right one wouldn't even light up no matter what I did whether apply brakes or hazards or signaling and then finally I got the message in the cluster that read "left rear turn signal failure"

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts