Impala Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Horn when activated by the key fob sounds about half strength compared to if I activate the horn at the steering wheel. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Horn when activated by the key fob sounds about half strength compared to if I activate the horn at the steering wheel. Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ - purchased new.

My horn sounds about the same when using the key fob to activate the horn (lock the car), or when walking away from the car with the intelligent fob - and allowing the vehicle to passively lock (and sound the horn).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Now if the Recycle Cabin Air worked according to how it is described in the Operating Manual I would be 100% happy but the dealership tells me..'that is a design issue'. Next time I purchase a vehicle I will have somebody walk around the outside of the car I'm looking at with a lit up old cigar. If I can smell it that all she wrote. Later.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Thanks, Now if the Recycle Cabin Air worked according to how it is described in the Operating Manual I would be 100% happy but the dealership tells me..'that is a design issue'. Next time I purchase a vehicle I will have somebody walk around the outside of the car I'm looking at with a lit up old cigar. If I can smell it that all she wrote. Later.

Try replacing the HVAC cabin filter with one that has activated charcoal. I buy the OEM ACDelco and replace it myself - and I think they offer one (more expensive) that has the activated charcoal to absorb odors.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Try replacing the HVAC cabin filter with one that has activated charcoal. I buy the OEM ACDelco and replace it myself - and I think they offer one (more expensive) that has the activated charcoal to absorb odors.
Thanks!! I'll check it out.

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
Thanks!! I'll check it out.

This instructions apply to the 2014 - 2019 Impala models.

Note that there are two ACDelco OEM HVAC air filters for the 2014 - 2019 Impala models (9th generation). One for the base HVAC unit, and one for the dual-zone HVAC unit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ - purchased new.

My horn sounds about the same when using the key fob to activate the horn (lock the car), or when walking away from the car with the intelligent fob - and allowing the vehicle to passively lock (and sound the horn).
Your owners manual tells you how to turn that sound up, down or off.

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
I know you can turn the horn off when you lock or unlock but I never saw a volume control on my 2015.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts