Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HELP!
I have a 2018 Impala LT and the check engine light came on recently at 44,000 miles. I received an email from Onstar that it is an emissions problem. I bought the car certified which I thought added an additional 12,000 warranty from the 36,000 manufacturers warranty. Any others having this same issue and is it covered under any other GM warranty?

The car has started to start hard in the mornings, ever since I bought it, rattling underneath. It thought it was the heat shield just making noise. Recently it has been started rough intermittently to where it was acting like it wasn't getting enough gas.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I can not afford a costly repair on such a new car.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,804 Posts
HELP!
I have a 2018 Impala LT and the check engine light came on recently at 44,000 miles. I received an email from Onstar that it is an emissions problem.
Were there any trouble codes mentioned in the email? Please post them here. Post the email if you can, too.

Alternatively, you can take your car to most auto parts stores and they will read the codes free. The codes will indicate why the check engine light is on. That is, they will help zero in on the specific emissions issue.

I bought the car certified which I thought added an additional 12,000 warranty from the 36,000 manufacturers warranty.
Did you take it to the dealer and have them tell you it's not covered? Was there any paperwork which indicated what they found?

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were there any trouble codes mentioned in the email? Please post them here. Post the email if you can, too.

Alternatively, you can take your car to most auto parts stores and they will read the codes free. The codes will indicate why the check engine light is on. That is, they will help zero in on the specific emissions issue.

Did you take it to the dealer and have them tell you it's not covered? Was there any paperwork which indicated what they found?

Doug

Hello!

No, I have not taken it in yet due to the pandemic. I just wanted to start research before dealership fed me a bunch of bull first. Sometimes they are not honest ya know? Below is the email. Has anyone else had this issue with less than 50,000 miles?

An issue with the emissions system in your 2018 Chevrolet Impala has been detected. Please service your vehicle within 7 days.

Please disregard this message if your vehicle is already in for service. Inaccurate notifications can be generated during service.

Please see your dealer for service.

·
Registered
144 Posts
If you register your vehicle on the MyChevrolet site, it has a section that will tell you which warranties are still active. You can also view the details of those OnStar notifications.
There are emissions warranty requirements via federal law that probably cover your vehicel given how new it is. And many states mandate emissions coverage beyond even the federal law.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
HELP!
I have a 2018 Impala LT and the check engine light came on recently at 44,000 miles. I received an email from Onstar that it is an emissions problem. I bought the car certified which I thought added an additional 12,000 warranty from the 36,000 manufacturers warranty. Any others having this same issue and is it covered under any other GM warranty?

The car has started to start hard in the mornings, ever since I bought it, rattling underneath. It thought it was the heat shield just making noise. Recently it has been started rough intermittently to where it was acting like it wasn't getting enough gas.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? I can not afford a costly repair on such a new car.

Thanks!

It’s not that tough - read the warranty documents you have and if it is covered, take it to a GM for repair.

·
Registered
1,570 Posts
Hello!

No, I have not taken it in yet due to the pandemic. I just wanted to start research before dealership fed me a bunch of bull first. Sometimes they are not honest ya know? Below is the email. Has anyone else had this issue with less than 50,000 miles?

An issue with the emissions system in your 2018 Chevrolet Impala has been detected. Please service your vehicle within 7 days.

Please disregard this message if your vehicle is already in for service. Inaccurate notifications can be generated during service.

Please see your dealer for service.

How do you know that a dealership will, “feed you a bunch of bull first”?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts