Impala Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey yall! I'm new here. I love the Impala! I got my first one in 2010. It was a 08 grey LT fully loaded! Got it from a family member who gets a new impala every 2 years. A couple months ago I traded it in for a used 17 black impala. Has leather, android auto, heated seats, and even the v6! Love it! It is only missing a sunroof, fog lights, and wireless charger. I can go without the wireless charger, I miss the sunroof due to the heat from the all black interior and exterior, and I would like to add fog lights but if I need to replace the whole bumper, which it sounds like I do, I will skip that. I want to make some changes. Does anyone know where to buy black bowties for the front and back for under $100? I'd rather not paint the originals black. Any suggestions on upgraded headlights and/or brights? I think the leds are pretty nice. I'd like to make it a blackout look and have it still look fancy. Also, I'm debating whether or not to put a front plate bracket on it. If I do put one on, I will put on a Scuba plate from my dive shop. I'm currently on vacation, so when I fly back Tuesday I will try to post some pics. Btw, if the blackout thing doesn't work, I'll try to go with black and chrome instead! Sorry it's so long.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think it's an LT. Not sure because it doesn't say on the back and it didn't come with a manual. The previous owner lost it along with the spare key.

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Welcome!:beer:

Get us some pics!!!:nerd

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I bought my black bowties from here https://www.shopchevyparts.com/exterior/2017-impala-front-grille-and-decklid-emblems-bowtie-black/23287538-p-92290790.html
When I bought them in November of 2016 I paid $71.25 for them and with $12.77 shipping they came out to $84.02. I see they are now $15 more than they were before shipping.
If you have Prime on Amazon you can get them in 2 days for a total of $89.99 here Amazon.com: GM # 23287538 Front Grille and Decklid Bowtie Emblems in Chrome with Black Insert, 2015-2016 Chevrolet Impala, GENUINE GM ACCESSORIES: Toys & Games

None of the new Impalas have fog lights. The premier model (previously the LTZ) has the LED DRL lights in the lower bumper. Since you don't have that and you have the heated seats you have the LT.

Hopefully this link works to show you the differences in the 2017 model
Large Car For Sale: 2017 Impala Pricing | Chevrolet

You can go here to get your owners manual as a pdf
https://my.chevrolet.com/vehicle/2017/Impala

We have the sunroof/moonroof in ours and it does help release some of the heat. The all black interior gets hotter than Oprah running a marathon in heavy sweats in August.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Welcome and I too bought a car a few years back and thought the key was lost. The first time I did a good detail on it I found it in the fold down arm rest in the back seat. Take a look there for a laugh.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pictures

well, I tried to submit some pictures but the size was too big. I even used the lowest quality on the camera on my phone, 16:9 (3.7 M) 2560X1440. That got me down to 1.21 MB per pic. I use JPEG. The limit is .9766 MB per pic. Any tips on getting a smaller size or something? I may have to pull out my old flip phone and take a pic with that! :laugh

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Install the Tapatalk app on your smartphone or tablet and use that to upload pics - it's super easy. No need to resize pictures or any of that crap.

Plus it's great for using the forum in general (very fast).

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Use www.imgur.com
Upload your pic to there and it will give you a little drop down arrow over top of the pic you uploaded. Click that and select "get share links". Click the copy button next to where it says "BBCode (Forums)". Paste the link here and done.

·
Super Moderator
18,496 Posts
Beauty! Very nice car!!! :eek:k3::beer:

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Looks nice. Only thing I'd change is remove that giant Rod Hatfield emblem and then get the black bowties.
Do you have the backup camera? I don't see the sensors in the bumper that I believe come with all the ones with the back up camera.

Don't screw up the nice front end by putting a license plate bracket on it. We are supposed to have a front plate on ours but we bought it in a state that doesn't require the front plate. I did buy the bracket on Rock Auto but my wife did not want me to put it on and ruin the nice looks. So far we have been ok and not gotten any ticket for it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Looks nice. Only thing I'd change is remove that giant Rod Hatfield emblem and then get the black bowties.
Do you have the backup camera? I don't see the sensors in the bumper that I believe come with all the ones with the back up camera.

Don't screw up the nice front end by putting a license plate bracket on it. We are supposed to have a front plate on ours but we bought it in a state that doesn't require the front plate. I did buy the bracket on Rock Auto but my wife did not want me to put it on and ruin the nice looks. So far we have been ok and not gotten any ticket for it.
Yes. It does have the backup camera with sensors only on the back! That's gonna be a standard on ALL vehicles now! They're gonna make it required for all newly made cars to have a backup camera, whether it's a screen on your 7 inch touch screen or a 3 inch screen on your rearview mirror. Not sure when that will come into effect yet.

Also, is there a clean way to remove the Rod Hatfield logo? I'm afraid of I pull it off myself it will leave the sticky stuff on the car. Is there a cleaner like a dish detergent or something that will take off the sticky mess if there is one?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Yea you can use a 3m eraser wheel or goo gone to remove the sticky crap. People remove badges on their cars all the time.

From what I've read, May 2018 is when vehicles will be mandated to have backup cameras. I still don't see the sensors in your bumper. We had a rental Impala when ours was in getting the trunk lid repaired for hail damage and that rental one did not have a backup camera. It was terrible seeing out of it. I would definately not get one of these new Impalas without the camera.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yea you can use a 3m eraser wheel or goo gone to remove the sticky crap. People remove badges on their cars all the time.

From what I've read, May 2018 is when vehicles will be mandated to have backup cameras. I still don't see the sensors in your bumper. We had a rental Impala when ours was in getting the trunk lid repaired for hail damage and that rental one did not have a backup camera. It was terrible seeing out of it. I would definately not get one of these new Impalas without the camera.
They are small and blend in very well! Here's a better pic.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Install the Tapatalk app on your smartphone or tablet and use that to upload pics - it's super easy. No need to resize pictures or any of that crap.

Plus it's great for using the forum in general (very fast).
You're so right! It's a great app to use. Thanks for the suggestion!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Pic was small and I couldn't zoom in. I see the sensor now.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Fellow Impala owners,

I have Chevy Impala 2017 LT (Canada). After buying, I noticed that headlamps don't have enough light and I can barely see on road(low beam). I changed factory Halogen bulbs to new LED bulbs but still not enough light on road.
I noticed that there is bit of discoloration on lens. I noticed few forums where people complains about same issue.
I am just wondering if anybody has found any solution???
I dont want to buy new headlights. Please let me know if this is known problem and if any solution exists. Thanks and hope everyone is safe from COVID19.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts