1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a couple pics of my 2016 Impala limited LT right now:

https://m.imgur.com/A8E9R55

https://m.imgur.com/rgxkBmz

It's currently stock with the exception of the removed limited badge and a KN drop in air filter. I picked up a can of plastidip to black out the rear bowtie. I am also considering blacking out the chrome on the side along the window but I'm not sure whether that would look good. Thoughts?

I need to get some suspension upgrades done soon; the body roll is too much for my liking. Larger police brakes are also in the works. Since I have lots of plans for my Impala, I thought it would be fit to start my own mod thread for it:D

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Nice! Yeah, at least a few other members have plastidipped the chrome trim around the windows and it looks good. If you want to see pictures, look up user mwilson62000 - I know that he did it.

Sent from my TbooK 16 Pro(E5C8) using Tapatalk

EDIT: here you go - here is a link to a pic he took after he re-dipped it:
[ame]http://www.impalaforums.com/showthread.php?p=3496922[/ame]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got the front bow tie dipped to match the rear:

https://m.imgur.com/j17BFvN

It's dark out so pic isn't the best, I will get some better ones up tomorrow.

BTW, anyone know why attaching pictures directly here always says the file is too big? I am having to just post links to imgur instead since it's always too large to directly post

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I'd recommend using the Tapatalk app to post pictures (at least) - I personally use it exclusively and it makes forum browsing so fast and "clutter-free" (no ads, no signatures, etc). But it makes it super easy to post pic - literally just browse to it and it posts it (regardless of size).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd recommend using the Tapatalk app to post pictures (at least) - I personally use it exclusively and it makes forum browsing so fast and "clutter-free" (no ads, no signatures, etc). But it makes it super easy to post pic - literally just browse to it and it posts it (regardless of size).
Thanks, I will give it a try

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I started buying parts for the 12.7" brake upgrade. I picked up EBC greenstuff pads and drilled/slotted rotors for a Cadillac DTS. Also going to go with semi-loaded calipers from O'Reilly or Autozone for a DTS. Since my rear pads need replacing, I bought EBC greenstuff for the rear too. Hopefully everything will get here next week and I can get them installed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Got the rotors and pads in today. BTW, jtrosky, Tapatalk seems much better, thanks for the tip.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Semi loaded calipers are here. Part number 18B5026 from Brake best. Pics of the caliper and the weight of the caliper and rotor are attached. They do say 17" on them, so they are police calipers

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Got the caliper bolts in. Dorman part number 14006. Now everything is here, I am ready to get them installed.

Also planning on getting tint, thinking of 20℅. What are everyone's thoughts on going with 20 all around?

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I think 20% tint is just right. I got 35% all around on my 2012 and wish I went darker (especially since I have a light interior). One of these days, I'll get it redone in 20%. :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I think 20% tint is just right. I got 35% all around on my 2012 and wish I went darker (especially since I have a light interior). One of these days, I'll get it redone in 20%. :)
Yep 20 it is. I booked a time to get it done next week.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I got the police brakes installed. Braking is much better than before; it easily locks up the tires now. It was well worth it. Total cost came out to around $300. After driving a couple hundred miles, I noticed that there seems to be an area of the rotor the pads do not contact as shown in the picture. Is this normal?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haven't updated this in a while. I got front and rear GMPP STB and Don Rome brackets installed along with the GMPP 18mm solid rear sway bar. Noticeable decrease in body roll.

Also installed a K&N CAI

Attachments

1 - 17 of 17 Posts