Impala Forums banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
483 Posts
Well thanks for everyone's help. I purchased some 9005 leds off of amazon.

One more question thought. For the led headlights they come with a resistor or relay or what ever you want to call it (the little box that the led plugs into and the other side has a wired that connects to the factory harness) well I put that and the wires inside the headlight housing so I could still put the rubber cover on that goes on behind the headlight. My question is will I have any problems with all that inside there? I mean there is a lot of space in there I just don't know if that box gets hot and can melt anything or start a fire.
I don't think it will get hot enough to start a fire or burn wires but the lack of airflow over the heatsink may lead to shortened lifespan of the LED bulb.

·
Registered
27 Posts
mine had HIDs, but if your going led, dont go cheap.. jdm astar makes some bad asp leds.. i have them both suburbans and yukon.. from a light out put they are a lot brighter than HID. on the other hand your talking $100.00 + for a set of bulbs, and i dont know if they will work very well on the impala since we only have 1 headlight housing, so you high and low are on the same bulb.

if you get stuff from them, get the 50w reverse light bulbs.. i have them all the cars.. its like truning on two high quality led flash lights...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Is it a 6cyl or 4cyl?

6 is 2LT, 4 is 1LT
There is no 2LT for the 2017........only levels are LS, LT & Premiere. I have a loaded '17 LT with the V6, convenience, driver asst., technology and leather pkgs as options and the sticker only lists it as an LT.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
ICUBB was replying to Mikey7436's post. Mikey has a 2016 Impala which is 2LT for the 6 cylinder or 1LT for the 4 cylinder.
For 2017 you can get the 6 cylinder in any trim level, LS, LT or Premier.

·
Registered
118 Posts
That is not what my book said mine says 9005sl+
Yeah, mine too in the hardcopy that came with the vehicles.............discrepancy might be that there are two versions of the '17 manual on the website. The screwed up one under OWNERS is a non hyperlinked *.pdf that is not searchable, however if you check the your GM account on the website under the heading YOUR GARAGE for your vehicle profile there is different *.pdf version that is the typical hyperlinked version listing the 9005SL+ and permits a rapid search using a computer while the "picture" one does not.

Here is a link to the hyperlinked version......not that POS photograph version under OWNERS

https://my.chevrolet.com/content/dam/gmownercenter/gmna/dynamic/manuals/2017/Chevrolet/Impala/2k17impala1stPrint.pdf

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2015 2LT, mine takes the 9005, 9012 will not fit. I switched from stock halogen to Sylvania Silverstar Ultra. Bulbs are easy to switch.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Ive been looking into this seemingly simple topic, to find out that there is a lot of conflicting information and apparently 2 different Impala 14-18 projectors for the halogen cars. more to come

·
Registered
243 Posts
Well thanks for everyone's help. I purchased some 9005 leds off of amazon.

One more question thought. For the led headlights they come with a resistor or relay or what ever you want to call it (the little box that the led plugs into and the other side has a wired that connects to the factory harness) well I put that and the wires inside the headlight housing so I could still put the rubber cover on that goes on behind the headlight. My question is will I have any problems with all that inside there? I mean there is a lot of space in there I just don't know if that box gets hot and can melt anything or start a fire.

This is scary... exactly what bulbs did you buy off of amazon? Because theres only 1 or 2 brands that are good quality on amazon..

21 - 29 of 29 Posts