Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2016 Impala LS in July, had less than 40,000 on it. The heads up display shows 10% left on oil usage. I don't know if I should change it or use a dealer or one of those oil change places. Secondly does the usage figure automatically reset to 100% once the oil change is done or is that something that a mechanic would have to do? There is little info on this car, no manuals (other than a factory$$$$) Thanks for any input!

:|

·
Registered
395 Posts
I don't know your skill level. Also don't know if you have a limited or new body style?The filter on the 2.5 and 3.6 cam be a pain. Also if you goggle 2016 Impala owners manual and the chevrolet should come up. Also watch for limted in the title on the cover.

Pat

·
Registered
329 Posts
You can reset the OLM from the DIC, but it doesn't reset itself. The oil change procedure isn't any worse than usual, you just have to have a way to get the front of the car up enough to get underneath it. Dealer cost was $49.99 for up to 6 quarts full synthetic, an AC Delco filter, and tire rotation. I haven't seen an ad for about 6 months on that, so they may have gone up. An oil change place can do it also, just make sure they're using Dexos1 spec oil. If the oil monitor says 10%, and the oil is dirty, you need to get it changed sooner, not later.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
Oil capacity/spec, oil filter#, oil change interval (oci) and tpms reset procedure all in the unread Bible (the owners manual).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts