Impala Forums banner
41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
If you checked with a good tire pressure gauge and the tires are all at 35 but the DIC on the dash says something way off then yea one of your sensors is probably bad. But like has been said which one? First relearn the tire positions so you can make sure you know it is showing the correct tire on screen

I bought this tool on Amazon to relearn them years ago and it is still under $15. I use it on our 15 Impala and my 15 GMC Sierra and it works great.
Amazon.com: VXDAS TPMS Relearn Tool for GM Tire Sensor TPMS Reset Tool Tire Pressure Monitor System Activation Tool OEC-T5 for GM Buick/Chevy/Cadillac Series Vehicles 2022 Edition : Automotive

·
Registered
223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
If you checked with a good tire pressure gauge and the tires are all at 35 but the DIC on the dash says something way off then yea one of your sensors is probably bad. But like has been said which one? First relearn the tire positions so you can make sure you know it is showing the correct tire on screen

I bought this tool on Amazon to relearn them years ago and it is still under $15. I use it on our 15 Impala and my 15 GMC Sierra and it works great.
Amazon.com: VXDAS TPMS Relearn Tool for GM Tire Sensor TPMS Reset Tool Tire Pressure Monitor System Activation Tool OEC-T5 for GM Buick/Chevy/Cadillac Series Vehicles 2022 Edition : Automotive
That is really cool!

Truth is, I can also just use my new tire gauge that works fine and not bother with the car sensors. I mean, I did that for years, well before computerized cars. Lol.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Yep but then again you could still roll down your windows instead of using the AC like we did for years when only the high dollar cars came with AC. You could also look at the mirrors instead of the rearview camera like we always did before. ;)

41 - 45 of 45 Posts