Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Impala owners,
I am a new Impala owner and my defogger is not blowing. It blows heat fro vents and feet but not the windshield. Can anyone assist at solving this issue? I saw previous posts about reseting the HVAC actuators, but my engine fuses do not list these fuses. Please assist?

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Does your underhood fuse box have a red 10amp "Display" fuse? If so, pull that for a minute and then reinsert it.

·
Registered
119 Posts
The fuse pull trick sheila described worked to get my defrost working again, but I have seen on here it doesn't work for everyone. And now my floor vents wont open. I have not messed with it cause I don't want to screw up my front defrost again via my incompetence. I can get by with cold feet, I cant get by without being able to see the road.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The fuse pull trick sheila described worked to get my defrost working again, but I have seen on here it doesn't work for everyone. And now my floor vents wont open. I have not messed with it cause I don't want to screw up my front defrost again via my incompetence. I can get by with cold feet, I cant get by without being able to see the road.
Sorry to hear that, but yes you are correct! I'm finally giving it a go tonight. I will let you know how it works out. Thank you for the feedback.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Does your underhood fuse box have a red 10amp "Display" fuse? If so, pull that for a minute and then reinsert it.
I tried the Display fuse pull both with the car running and with it off. In neither case did it reset the defrost vent. Any other ideas towards this solution?
thank you all for your comments and assistance.
Matt

·
Registered
119 Posts
Now you are probably looking at a new vent motor (actuator). I tried to do some work on this and am now waiting until it gets warmer. There are multiple threads on here about it. Part is not very costly, but pulling the glove box and trying to work in that tiny little space under the passenger side in a total pain for a tall and largish person like myself. I can almost understand the outrageous labor cost from a shop in this case, but I still want to give it another crack.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Now you are probably looking at a new vent motor (actuator). I tried to do some work on this and am now waiting until it gets warmer. There are multiple threads on here about it. Part is not very costly, but pulling the glove box and trying to work in that tiny little space under the passenger side in a total pain for a tall and largish person like myself. I can almost understand the outrageous labor cost from a shop in this case, but I still want to give it another crack.
I'm up for ordering and giving it a go. Thanks!
Matt

1 - 9 of 9 Posts