Impala Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello , my car recently started saying “oil pressure low turn vehicle off” I went and got an oil change thinking it was that but no , so I then went and changed the oil pressure sensor and the light turned off , and it was good for the past 2 days but today the light came on again and it’s not going off now , what els can I try ? Please help :(

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
Hello , my car recently started saying “oil pressure low turn vehicle off” I went and got an oil change thinking it was that but no , so I then went and changed the oil pressure sensor and the light turned off , and it was good for the past 2 days but today the light came on again and it’s not going off now , what els can I try ? Please help :( View attachment 164676

Did you use an OEM ACDelco oil filter and pressure sending unit?

·
Registered
79 Posts
...it was good for the past 2 days but today the light came on again and it’s not going off now , what els can I try ? Please help :(
Check the OPS wire for damage, short or open circuit, and connector. That you fiddled with it and it then it worked for a while indicates there may be a problem with the wire.

Verify the oil pressure is actually okay. Maybe O'Reilly's rents an oil pressure test gauge.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Mines started doing this Tuesday first it said Engine overheating/AC off. Then it said I needed an oil change and started to loose power. I put coolant and oil for that night. Then Wednesday I got an oil change and more coolant everything was great. Today I was driving and the same light came on my coolant was too hot and Engine Idle/AC Off. This time my engine started smoking. On top of that it said need oil change I was shocked and scared my 2014 Impala LTZ it has 98,000 miles but still ran really good. I think it maybe a leak or sensor issue. Please help!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
This time my engine started smoking.
That along with the temp gauge pegged seems to indicate that the temp sensor is working and the issue is real.
Do NOT let it get that hot. As it will likely damage the motor.

What sort of driving conditions were you engaged in? City or open road? How fast were you traveling?
Some potential causes to check.
Coolent level too low due to a leak.
Cooling system fans and/or relay/controller.
Thermostat stuck closed preventing coolent flow.
Water pump failure.

If it is merely that the cooling fans are not coming on. It may be possible to roll all the windows down and run heater temp and fan on high. Along with taking out of gear when stopped to reduce engine load and torque converter/transmission heat build up. This is ONLY FOR TEMPORARY USE TO KEEP FROM BEING STRANDED, and MUST WATCH CARFULLY THE TEMP GAUGE to PREVENT OVER HEATING. I have done this before in a '90 Olds Cutlass Ciera in stop and go traffic jam when the fan relay decided to give out at the most in opportune time.

·
Registered
300 Posts
People:

OIL PRESSURE
When you are dealing with an Oil Pressure issue, .... you're Grounded until you KNOW ... with absolute certainty ... the Oil Pressure is OK and the warning is a false alarm.
Don't run it.
Hook-up a gauge and be 100% certain the warning is in error.
Low OIL Pressure leads to one result: Catastrophic Failure.
Running with Low Oil Pressure is the surest way to write-off an engine.
Murder-1.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts