Impala Forums banner

21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
I had a 2012 impala before with the same setup and never experienced a problem with it. I went to the dealer yesterday and bought a 2015 with 54,000 miles on it. I was on my way home and noticed a shuddering when going up hills and a slight hesitation in changing gears. The car is back at the dealer now and they are apparently replacing the transmission. Is this common, or did I just buy a lemon?
My take is, when it's covered under warranty, the dealers tend to swap transmissions rather than repair them. So it might have been something relatively simple, such as a problem with control of the lock up torque converter. They probably could have repaired it, but by swapping it out with a factory re-man unit that's been tested, they have higher confidence in the repair.

Doug

·
Registered
49 Posts
My opinion is that to get the good gas mileage the computer is always looking for optium gear, therefore it shifts a lot. I don't think you will get rid of this, it is normal. If it only had 2 or 3 speeds it wouldn't shift as much OR GET AS GOOD OF GAS MILEAGE.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts