Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2015 Impala with the 8" factory radio set up. I've seen plenty of companies offering aftermarket radio upgrades to enable Apple Car Play. I was wondering if I could just pull the radio and HMI from a 2016 Impala and drop it in place? I'm worried if there might be a programming issue due to different vin numbers or some other hidden issue I don't know about.

reason i'm asking is there is a pick and pull yard by my house and figured that would save me the $1000 the aftermarket companies are asking for.

thanks for the help!

· Registered
2015 Impala Limited 9C1 🚓
49 Posts
Hello,

I have a 2015 Impala with the 8" factory radio set up. I've seen plenty of companies offering aftermarket radio upgrades to enable Apple Car Play. I was wondering if I could just pull the radio and HMI from a 2016 Impala and drop it in place? I'm worried if there might be a programming issue due to different vin numbers or some other hidden issue I don't know about.

reason i'm asking is there is a pick and pull yard by my house and figured that would save me the $1000 the aftermarket companies are asking for.

thanks for the help!
You might need someone to release the VIN lock but I think it'll work. I've never even touched a 9th Gen but the VIN lock has been a thing for a long while. ymmv.

I would rather take the plunge on aftermarket once and you can swap as often as you like just swapping HUs instead of rigging the whole thing over and over.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts