Impala Forums banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just bought a brand new 2015 Impala LTZ a couple weeks ago and I am considering putting a sub or two in it. I have the 11 speaker Bose centerpoint system, but I'm wanting a little bit more.

I used to be big into car audio up until about 10 years ago, but always changed out head units and never messed with any line out converters. I've done everything else though like omponent speakers, crossovers, all new wires, subs, sub amps, component amps, extra batteries, relays, capacitors, and all that.

Wizetek - It would be great if you could still post pictures and such to help me and others like myself. Also, did you ever figure out your "lag" issue?

By the way, I've always been a big JL Audio fan, so I'm looking at 8" or 10" W7's and their HD amps. Probably two 8's, or one 10, as I listen to mostly heavy metal like Pantera, Slipknot, Devildriver, Slayer, Lamb of God, etc.

·
Registered
4 Posts
For those that have successfully installed their setup, where did you route your power wire to the front battery? Im having trouble finding a spot to run the wire.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am new to the forums. But I have two quick questions. I have the bose sound system in a 2015 impala. The loaded enclosure I plan to put into the car has a low input and a high input. If I just run a wire from the output of the rear speaker coming from the amp to my new amp. While using the high power mode. Will I need the special LOC. I undersrand systems with only a low input need the LOC to step up signal. Thanks in advanced.

·
Registered
293 Posts
For those that have successfully installed their setup, where did you route your power wire to the front battery? Im having trouble finding a spot to run the wire.

Hello, I went directly behind the center console thru the firewall, there is a sizable boot there. ( I was able to run a 1/0 awg wire)

·
Registered
293 Posts
I am new to the forums. But I have two quick questions. I have the bose sound system in a 2015 impala. The loaded enclosure I plan to put into the car has a low input and a high input. If I just run a wire from the output of the rear speaker coming from the amp to my new amp. While using the high power mode. Will I need the special LOC. I undersrand systems with only a low input need the LOC to step up signal. Thanks in advanced.
that may work, but since it is an amplified system you're tapping into, you really want to get a line out converter, I actually got an audio control lc7i for my car, it can handle amplified signals. I tapped into the trunk 6x9's wires (there's 2 sets on these speakers MAKE SURE to tap the bottom ones).

I'd say try it your way first, and if it sounds crappy, get the LC2i from audio control, that will work great. (the lc7i you want only if you are upgrading everything, like mids/highs)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if the rear deck has holes for 6x9 speakers standard on each vehicle. I know the Bose system has the 6x9's in the rear deck. I was thinking maybe I could add some, if there were already holes for them in the rear deck. And also , is there a remote wire connected to the factory amp and could I splice that wire to run to an amp for a couple of ten inch subs. Thanks to anyone who could help.
Yes, there are holes for the 6x9's in the rear deck. I'll be adding some nice 6x9's in them to add a little more bass to the car.

·
Registered
1 Posts
hey im new here. i have a 2017 chevy impala Lt, non bose system. i installed a cheap LOC hooked to rockford p3 12 inch subs and a rockford prime 1200.1 d amp. the subs sound ok but at higher volumes they dont sound all that lound. i would think these subs would sound pretty lound. any suggestions on what could be wrong? would the factory amp have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
293 Posts
I had that identical set up.

But it was intensely loud.

This could be many issues.

Fire me a PM with ur cell and I’ll text u thru ideas of what it could be.

It sounds to me ur subs are hooked up correctly

For this to be correct

You MUST make sure your subwoofer models are the p3d4-12 models NOT the p3d2-12

Once that’s verified. Make sure all ur positive wires are connected to positive on spearkers. And same for negative. This sounds to be maybe a phase issue.

On ur subs, are both voice coils connected?? If not. Also could be your issue........ there’s so many more problems it could be

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

41 - 52 of 52 Posts