Impala Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anyone else experienced power steering failure I have had it in the shop 5 times only code it has is the brake control module in which chevy says they can't get as of right now. Today it failed in a turn off the interstate over the kerb I go bent all 4 rims now I have contacted gm to start the claim process. If anyone knows a fix please tell me I love the car just not that problem

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
He has a 2015 Impala though. That Customer Satisfaction memo is for 2014 Impalas.

·
Registered
486 Posts
He has a 2015 Impala though. That Customer Satisfaction memo is for 2014 Impalas.
So is the water in trunk issue, however my 15' was having the issue and was taken care of under warranty with the same TSB as the 14's.

Reactions: 1970cs

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
GM said they are going to send a engineer out to look at this car instead of the local Chevy garage That shocked me. It started right around 29000 miles.
The electric steering problems are not unique to GM. Other manufacturers have similar issues. And safety implications are many. So it makes sense that factory engineers would get involved.

I hope everything is resolved to your satisfaction.

Doug

·
Registered
486 Posts
What is the deal with water in the trunk?
It is an issue with the tailight gaskets failing and water basically pouring into the trunk. Some people who were not aware of it wound up with gallons in there along with mold, mushrooms, and rust. Mine never got that bad but I did have to bring it back to the dealer 3 times as they could not seem to get it to stop.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Mine was one of the more severe cases with the bad tail lamp gasket! 2.5 weeks at the dealer with mold growth. But they cured it with GM's help. It's been 2.75 years now with no further issues.

Pat

·
Premium Member
954 Posts
Hi Erik,

We can see that you are seeking the input of other forum members, so we wouldlike to offer our assistance as well. If you’re still experiencing a concern withyour vehicles power steering, we would be more than happy to look further intoyour situation. If this is of interest, please know that we are only a privatemessage away. Our team would be more than happy to assist any way that we can.

Thank you,

Bret B.
Chevrolet Customer Care

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the power steering problem as well. Been going on fairly frequently for over a year now. The dealer hasn't been able to fix the problem (about 5 times in the dealership, once for over a month). Very frustrating. Thank god it's a lease and I didn't buy this thing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well chevrolet had my car over a month as of right now I out 2000 miles on it without a power steering issue. Still have the stability track issue when I drive in rain says it is the front left wheel speed sensor but local Chevy garage says they won't work on it now since I had GM involved told me take it back to the dealership tgat did the work(think they are afraid of GM).

Does anyone know how to fix the wheel sensor issue when driving in rain?
just ran out of factory warranty local dealer said no on preexisting problem to be able to fix it under warranty but I have a call back to GM to see what they want me to do.

·
Registered
915 Posts
this is not your problem but in case anyone else is reading the thread i had an issue where P/S went. ABS light was on and warnings on the DIC. also had a backup camera message that sensor wasnt working. seemed like car was falling apart.

they replaced one of my rear hubs and it cured it all. i'm sure there's a more engineering explanation for all this but basically from what a gather the hub is the hub of a bunch of activity and when it goes, 'lotta crap breaks'

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I also have had trouble with my power steering. I was backing out of my space at work and then nothing. My impala is a 2015 with a production date of march of 2014. You have to be very careful when buying one of these cars, because the early production dates hurt your warranty. I have had so much trouble with this car I could go on and on. The dealer fixed the problem, it was some kind of malfunction with a wire of some sort in the unit. This occurred around 12k,the next problem I had with the steering is it makes a clicking sound when you make slow turns and mostly when you turn side to side. Its a disgrace that the quality still is poor. I never thought I would have such a beautiful lemon lol.Also the leather steering wheel dry rotted at the bottom part of the wheel and GM says its wear. I reported it to the dealer within the bumper to bumper period and they wanted to do a 50 50 split. I told them your kidding. The car had 21k. They are still out if they will good will it and fix the clicking sound, plus the steering wheel.PS I bought as a brass hat with 3k

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Early production dates don't hurt your warranty, the warranty starts as soon as the car is declared sold.
Like you said, it sounds like you got a lemon. Some bad ones get through and you just so happen to be the lucky owner of one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, It did because even though I was the first registered owner, with new on the title. The cars in-service date was April of 14,it starts from that date. My 2002 lesabre was ten times better then this lemon. I think the problems are stemming mostly because of its early production date. I almost bought a 2014 2LT with 1500k,but the production date on that one was 2/13. So I figured if I waited a year, GM would get the bugs out of this car. Wrong, they never will build a quality car. There is no excuse for me and other GM customers to go through this kind of problem. What it boils down to is suffer with the cars format(which is why I bought it) or get a Honda that is cheap, tinny, but does not break. Where I work, there are around two hundred cars and mine is he only impala .Sad I bought this car last march 0f 2016.Still had the new car smell. I have to keep it for a while because of its horrible resale value.PS My friend has a 2013 verano that is burning oil, like the Chevy equinox ,2.4 direct injection. If they cant stop this kind of poor quality, there done

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
So your GM built LeSabre was a great car but GM will never build a quality car? :WTF:

Relax and stop over generalizing, you got a bad car. I'd be upset too if I got a crappy car but calm down, it doesn't mean all of them are bad.
With everything man made there are some things that get through that are bad. Lots of people are happy with their Impalas including me which renders your argument wrong.

Early production dates don't hurt your warranty. Our Impala has an August 2014 build date. The warranty started in Oct 2014 when it was first sold. We bought the car in Sept 2015.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I worked at a Gm dealership and could spend a lot of time telling you horror stories about head gaskets with the 3.8 , warped plastic intake manifolds. leaky oil consumption ,defective window regs on the LESABRE,belt tensioners,dex cool,front hub bearings. As far as the lesabres go,i got real lucky compared to other buick customers and owners. When you buy a brass hat with 3k,the warranty starts when the in service date goes into effect. Your wrong about the warranty of my 15. If it had no miles and was a left over, you would be correct. lots of them around because no one wants them, so if you buy one a year old the warranty starts then.Different with the brass hat or gm corporate car. Believe me I am happy your car is great, mine is junk, it listed for 35,280. More will surface in time, believe me.PS wait till the 2.4 engines start with oil consumption complaints because of poor quality . When buying it used ,your cars warranty has three years bumper to bumper from that date and the drive train of five years as of October 14.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
If you are talking about a brass hat/demo car then that's different. You never mentioned that until your last post.

I just have to ask, if you saw so many horrible things and think GM doesn't build quality stuff then why on Earth did you buy a vehicle made by them?

Reactions: ICUBB

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well power steering failed again this time it was when I was coming up to a stop. Tried to get chevy buy it back but they declined it.
I will now try to work on it myself since Noone think they are responsible for it and now since it is out of warranty No one cares at all.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts