Impala Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered but through all the threads I read I have not yet found a fix. I have a 2015 Impala LT1 or 1LT and my Mylink is out of whack. About a week ago the screen randomly went black and I had no audio. Since then, sometimes the screen will come back on and for a second the current song on my phone will play through bluetooth (literally 1 second) then it will stop the screen will stay on and it will let me toggle to see the bluetooth devices but it won't play. Randomly the song will play for a second and stop again.

Today, when the screen randomly came on i was able to change the radio station and got action for about a minute and then it went out. For a moment there was a red message at the bottom of the screen that I couldn't read fast enough but it said something to the effects of Systems communication error.... Climate...... Periodically while the screen is on it will have 1-6 where my radio presets are and then sometimes it will show the stations I have preset. Randomly the AC information pops up and goes away. Sometimes in the top left there is the outside temp sometimes there is not.

This is so random I want to say something is not properly connected because it goes in and out randomly but I can't figure out where. I was able to find the HMI under the passenger kick panel and disconnect then reconnect each of the connectors but this did not help. Has anyone seen this? should it be as simple down the dash to get to another wire harness? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. While I am not a mechanic, I am an IT professional, so whatever it is I am all but certain I can fix it if I just knew where to look.

Thanks in advance,
Earl

·
Registered
235 Posts
Forgive me if this has been asked and answered but through all texhe threads I read I have not yet found a fix. I have a 2015 Impala LT1 or 1LT and my Mylink is out of whack. About a week ago the screen randomly went black and I had no audio. Since then, sometimes the screen will come back on and for a second the current song on my phone will play through bluetooth (literally 1 second) then it will stop the screen will stay on and it will let me toggle to see the bluetooth devices but it won't play. Randomly the song will play for a second and stop again.

Today, when the screen randomly came on i was able to change the radio station and got action for about a minute and then it went out. For a moment there was a red message at the bottom of the screen that I couldn't read fast enough but it said something to the effects of Systems communication error.... Climate...... Periodically while the screen is on it will have 1-6 where my radio presets are and then sometimes it will show the stations I have preset. Randomly the AC information pops up and goes away. Sometimes in the top left there is the outside temp sometimes there is not.

This is so random I want to say something is not properly connected because it goes in and out randomly but I can't figure out where. I was able to find the HMI under the passenger kick panel and disconnect then reconnect each of the connectors but this did not help. Has anyone seen this? should it be as simple down the dash to get to another wire harness? Any guidance would be greatly appreciated. While I am not a mechanic, I am an IT professional, so whatever it is I am all but certain I can fix it if I just knew where to look.

Thanks in advance,
Earl
I've had multiple problems and a couple updates..
Screen still goes blank on occasions. New thing this past winter was climate info went blank for a period of time.
Found this in an old thread, maybe it will help you. Font Material property Rectangle Parallel Screenshot

1 - 2 of 2 Posts