Impala Forums banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
New to the forum but my last car had a shake I couldnt get rid of.

New tires were a HUGE improvement. I went with (pirelli centrino p7) and noticed less road noise, better feel over bumps and smoother ride on highway speeds.

The biggest thing that helped was having my alignment go from a slight toe out to a slight toe in. It stabilized the car on highway speeds and reduced some vibrations.

The combo of change made a 90% improvement over the original feel

·
Registered
28 Posts
Belt shift can cause this issue Unbalanced tires can cause this issue many worn suspension parts can cause this as well. I would have them check the run out on the axles even the slightest run out (Bent axle) will cause a vibration.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I purchased a 2015 Impala Limited 2 weeks ago. The car has 20,000 miles.

I have never owned a Chevy, but I liked this car and decided to purchase it.

I noticed last week that when the car reaches 70-80 MPH on the freeway that there is a slight vibration at the floor boards/gas pedal and seat. Upon braking, there is no noticeable shake or vibration in the steering wheel. I took the car in to the dealer and had them balance the wheels and inspect/test drive to see problem. They claimed that it drove like a dream and did not notice any issue whatsoever. I can clearly tell the difference between the smooth ride at 60 MPH and when the vibration comes on at around 70-80 MPH.

Any thoughts on what might be causing this?
Same car same issues. Dealer no help. Tire balancing and alignmment at TownFaire Tires did help. The dealer had said thecar alignment was good and tires didnt balancing. Town fair found one tire out of balance the alignment was slightly out. But over time the high speed vibration comes back. I think new better tires are needed.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts