Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good evening,
I am having issues with my transmission.
I start the vehicle but the shifter PRND doesnt show I'm in park, I get messages on the dash that stabilitracker along with parking brake is not engaged. I have opened the hood and found harness to transmission and if I move them around the shifter light comes on.
The error code I received is U0101.
Does anyone know if the transmission has to be dropped on this model or can it be accessed while in the car?
Thanks, Vince

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
...if I move [the harness] around the shifter light comes on.
I'd say all you need is to repair the cable. Look at the contacts on both mating connectors - do you seen any corrosion?

Look at the wires going into the back of the harness connector - is one of them loose, broken or missing insulation (ie, shorted to GND)?

Doug

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I took the car to a friend of mine who owns a transmission shop. He informed me it's the TCM that's bad.
Cost of a new TCM and to have it programmed $900 dollars.
I check around and found TCM are going from $575 to $620.
He also mentioned it can be accessed by removing the pan and doesnt have t ok drop transmission to get inside.
What do you guys think?
Fair price for parts and labor?

·
Registered
199 Posts
Just commenting to follow as I am also having suspicious TCM behavior and am curious to here any answers to the OP's question about cost

·
Registered
37 Posts
My 2015 9th gen at 70K had the torque convertor replaced and a solenoid under warranty . Dealer said it was a $5K job and they have a back log to do. Very common with this tranny. I got a different code and posted on here as a 8th Gen by mistake. Its a 9th gen 3.6 with 6 spd tranny

1 - 7 of 7 Posts