Impala Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just I have a 2013 LT Impala, I bought a set of tires from a 2015 Camaro, they're staggered, fronts are 20x9, rears are 20x10, Im thinking on using 245s for the front and 255s for the back, what do you guys think? Any tips or comments would be helpful.
Also, I need a link for a good set of adapters since they're 5x120.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think the adapters will make them stick out too far? Most adapters to change bolt patterns will be 1in thick

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rauldeluna

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
Hey just I have a 2013 LT Impala, I bought a set of tires from a 2015 Camaro, they're staggered, fronts are 20x9, rears are 20x10, Im thinking on using 245s for the front and 255s for the back, what do you guys think? Any tips or comments would be helpful.
Also, I need a link for a good set of adapters since they're 5x120. View attachment 164753 View attachment 164751 View attachment 164752

My comments: The 8th generation Impala suspension and related components (ABS, traction control, stability control and MPH-readout) were not designed for 20-inch wheels and tires. From a safety standpoint, I think you’re making a mistake trying to fit them to the car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Im now thinking on changing the wheel hub bearing to 5x120 so I wont have to get adapters... thing is I dont know if I can find any that fit these impalas. And get 255's for the back should make the work

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think the adapters will make them stick out too far? Most adapters to change bolt patterns will be 1in thick

Yeah, but if I get 255s for the back they shouldnt stick too out, i saw some impalas that had adapters plus 255s and they look just good

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My comments: The 8th generation Impala suspension and related components (ABS, traction control, stability control and MPH-readout) were not designed for 20-inch wheels and tires. From a safety standpoint, I think you’re making a mistake trying to fit them to the car.
Yeah I know that for a fact but a passion is a passion haha.

·
Registered
69 Posts
The only drawback you have with swapping hubs is you also have to have brake rotors with the 5x120 pattern but dimensions to fit your caliper brackets.
There might be a cross-fit out there somewhere it that’ll take some digging to find. In the end, it probably turns out cheaper to just get the proper wheels.
I don’t blame you for liking the Camaro rims because they do look great but might not be worth the effort.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts