Impala Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up this bad dog in June 2019 with around 90,000 KM

Even the first night driving it Service Stabilitrak/Power Steering notice popped up.

that summer I got it scanned at a Mom and Pop shop, he told me it's beyond his grasp. I figured since new tires were put in before the car was brought up, it was worth having the steering angle reset, which another Mom and Pop shop did for free, seemed to work for 3 weeks and then came back.

Fast forward to March/April 2020 and those warnings are popping up 2-3 times a day, if I'm lucky on some days i'll get no warnings but usually daily 2-3x a day.

It's worth noting it doesn't feel like the steering is affected at all when the lights are on. The absent lines on the backup cam is a bit of a nuisance.

Ignore it? Or take it to local GM (not a huge fan) or a the 3rd party shop who has a tool that flashes GM? It seems most of the time it's a rear wheel hub sensor issue, or possibly faulty wiring in the harness.

How much am I looking at $$$? (small city BC Canada)

Thanks

·
Registered
'12/'13/'16 Limited LT's
3,521 Posts
I would 1st unplug the sensors at all 4 wheels and spray both ends of the plugs with (CRC) elec. contact cleaner and then slather both ends with dielectric grease and reconnect. If this doesn't work, I'd replace/splice new pigtails on the fronts unless I had a known faulty wheel bearing hub assy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2012, just bought it a few months ago, and I get the Stabilitrack, ABS, and traction control warnings now and then, but my scan tool says no codes, and performance hasn't been any different.

I'm told it's probably just a sensor starting to go, but am paying close attention in case it's a worse case scenario.

I'm also about 2 hrs away from a town with a garage who could look into it better than I could, and with the shutdown... Yeah.

Looking forward to hearing what you find, and will let you know what I turn up too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts