Impala Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello,
Yesterday the tcs, electric parking brake, and check engine lights came on when started the car. It also says service stabilitrak. The car is also dragging which I would assume is reduced power. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem/s might be?
Thank you for any suggestions!
2014 ltz 126,000 miles

UPDATE: I decided to venture out to autozone to get the code read and I'm getting U0101 which is lost communication with transmission control module. I now notice that its not shifting gears. I was thinking it was my wheel speed sensors after reading different info and i could of changed those out myself, but now I think i definitely need a professional. Is there anything I can check for before I take in to a pro and would you all recommend me take it to the dealership or to my mechanic shop I usually go to?

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hello,
Yesterday the tcs, electric parking brake, and check engine lights came on when started the car. It also says service stabilitrak. The car is also dragging which I would assume is reduced power. Does anyone have any ideas on what the problem/s might be?
2014 ltz 126,000 miles

I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ - purchased new.

There were several safety recalls regarding repair of the rear electronic parking brake system. You should check with a GM dealer to determine if the recalls were completed (unless you are positive they were).

If the recalls were completed, I would say that you have a malfunctioning electronic parking brake system, which is probably causing the check-engine light and other warning lights/messages.

You may have to have the vehicle towed to the repair facility.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply. I just checked and it appears that my car was not part the recall for the electronic braking system.

·
Registered
104 Posts
my car went totally stupid--twice
once was a bad wheel sensor...threw everything off tons of errors, stabilitrak, even power steering

the other time it was my alternator...radio and other electronic stuff went nuts. i was concerned that i lost a computer or something. ended up being bad alternator

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
Hello,
2014 ltz 126,000 miles

UPDATE: I decided to venture out to autozone to get the code read and I'm getting U0101 which is lost communication with transmission control module. I now notice that its not shifting gears. I was thinking it was my wheel speed sensors after reading different info and i could of changed those out myself, but now I think i definitely need a professional. Is there anything I can check for before I take in to a pro and would you all recommend me take it to the dealership or to my mechanic shop I usually go to?
Update response: A failing battery and/or weak battery terminal connectors and posts can cause all kinds of electronic problems.

Are you SURE the battery is in very good condition? Unless done recently, I would remove the connectors and clean them and the battery posts with a battery terminal post cleaner. Please note that disconnecting the battery may erase any stored trouble codes that you may need retrieved later.

I’m in the Midwest and it is now in the 20’s F. Are you in an area where the temperature has drooped significantly? How old is the battery?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Update response: A failing battery and/or weak battery terminal connectors and posts can cause all kinds of electronic problems.

Are you SURE the battery is in very good condition? Unless done recently, I would remove the connectors and clean them and the battery posts with a battery terminal post cleaner. Please note that disconnecting the battery may erase any stored trouble codes that you may need retrieved later.

I’m in the Midwest and it is now in the 20’s F. Are you in an area where the temperature has drooped significantly? How old is the battery?
Yes, I installed a new battery last month. Cleaned the terminal connectors and applied anti corrosion gel.
Could the tcm battery fuse under the hood cause this type of problem? Have not read anywhere about checking this fuse.

·
Registered
104 Posts
note on my above response...i also replaced the battery...and the problem remained

i put in a new alternator and all my issues disappeared. it was very odd.
be sure to get a lifetime warranty alternator...ask me how i know .....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
note on my above response...i also replaced the battery...and the problem remained

i put in a new alternator and all my issues disappeared. it was very odd.
be sure to get a lifetime warranty alternator...ask me how i know .....
Thank you for the info. I will get my alt checked today!

·
Registered
104 Posts
Thank you for the info. I will get my alt checked today!
note that my stock alternator "tested" fine....i took a risk and replaced it anyway...and it worked. who knows, maybe it was just a bad connection...or bad alternator...whatever it was, it fixed mine...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts