Impala Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i bought the car new with 400 miles on it and from the beginning I have had transmission problems, one time so bad I thought the car was broke, I was on the freeway stopped it was hot out I tried to merge over into the fast lane and the car did nothing I sat there for so long I thought I was in the rear end and then it finally took off and the car started jerking the transmission started slipping rpms where random it was so bad I pulled off the freeway because I thought my car was done, that was at around 20,000 miles, after I pulled of the freeway I turned the car off and back on and it acted up a few more times where the rpms revved up separate from the gas pedal. Since that day It’s never done anything that bad again but it has made thumping noises that my stomach drop and feels like it drops gears or skips a gear sometimes. But I’ve never had any lights on my dash light up and the dealership always says there’s nothing wrong with the car, which is funny because I’ve had so many different issues with the car I think there’s tons of things wrong with my car but of course it doesn’t want to do it at the dealership. I also have a odd intermediate grinding/growling sound I can feel in the brake pedal when I turn the car on sometimes.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Yeah, nowadays, if there isn't a light on the dashboard, the dealerships say that there is nothing wrong and they can't do anything for you. It's ridiculous. I agree that the lights are nice to HELP diagnose an issue, but that doesn't mean that there is nothing wrong just becuase there isn't a light on.

I mean what the hell did mechanics do before they relied on a dashboard light to tell them something was wrong?? Granted, car's are more complex nowadays, but still - it just seems like so many dealership mechanics are now just "part replacers" - they suck at actually diagnosing issues without that little light...

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
i bought the car new with 400 miles on it and from the beginning I have had transmission problems, one time so bad I thought the car was broke, I was on the freeway stopped it was hot out I tried to merge over into the fast lane and the car did nothing I sat there for so long I thought I was in the rear end and then it finally took off and the car started jerking the transmission started slipping rpms where random it was so bad I pulled off the freeway because I thought my car was done, that was at around 20,000 miles, after I pulled of the freeway I turned the car off and back on and it acted up a few more times where the rpms revved up separate from the gas pedal. Since that day It’s never done anything that bad again but it has made thumping noises that my stomach drop and feels like it drops gears or skips a gear sometimes. But I’ve never had any lights on my dash light up and the dealership always says there’s nothing wrong with the car, which is funny because I’ve had so many different issues with the car I think there’s tons of things wrong with my car but of course it doesn’t want to do it at the dealership. I also have a odd intermediate grinding/growling sound I can feel in the brake pedal when I turn the car on sometimes.

Since you bought the vehicle new and have had transmission problems “from the beginning,” what repairs have been done to the transmission or vehicle?

How many times have you returned it to the dealer for repairs?

Is the vehicle still covered under the 5-years / 60,000 miles power train warranty?

PS - Paragraph breaks would be your friend.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It’s been to the dealership over 20 times, they always said the same thing no codes no lights and it’s not currently doing it then there’s nothing they can do. So no repairs have been made; at-least not to the transmission.
I’m out of warranty, I’ve owned the car for over 5 years. It currently has 34,000 miles on it.
The transmission hasn’t acted up lately, but it still randomly shifts oddly.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oops yes it still has the 5 year warranty but as I said the dealership says the same thing every time if it’s not currently doing it and no lights on or codes they can’t do anything about it

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
It’s been to the dealership over 20 times, they always said the same thing no codes no lights and it’s not currently doing it then there’s nothing they can do. So no repairs have been made; at-least not to the transmission.
I’m out of warranty, I’ve owned the car for over 5 years. It currently has 34,000 miles on it.
The transmission hasn’t acted up lately, but it still randomly shifts oddly.

Not to rub salt in the wound - but I bought a new 2014 Impala 2LTZ. The transmission performance has been flawless, now with about 41,xxx miles on it.

The vehicle did have a bunch of other poor quality and assembly defects that were repaired under the base warranty.

It may be too late now, but you probably should have involved an attorney in your attempts to have the transmission repaired while it was under warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I actually did Talk to a attorney, I also contacted bbb and attempted that route, jumped threw all the loop holes, but the car only did it every now and then so when they sent out there engineer, he drove the car and said it was fine. After 1.5 years of consistently fighting with Chevy and going back and forth, every other day, I just gave up! The car acts fine for now, don’t get me wrong It does have its ticks here and there, and I get horrible mpg and the stupid drivers door button stopped working again, but I’ve just learned to live with the issues for now, but it does bother me and I wish I knew what is wrong so I could fix it and move on, at this point, I guess, I’m just waiting for it to break, so I can’t get it fixed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts