Impala Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My passenger side HALO ring apparently burned out. Is this a whole headlight replacement or can i replace the ring? Couldn't find any info on this issue. Thanks for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
259 Posts
No replacement rings. The whole assembly needs to be replaced. I hope you are under warranty. Or you will have to find a used one on the cheap.

·
Registered
377 Posts
If memory serves, lighting falls under wear item and is not warranty. Heck I tried getting mine warrantied for cracking and crazing on the very tops of lens where it meets the hood. I was no told due to chemicals and wear from car washing.:WTF:

I asked so if I don't wash it and it starts rusting or paint issue comes up. Are you going to tell me no for insufficient care?:WTF:

Pat

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Yikes! Not cool for that to fail so soon... The bulb alone for these headlights are like $150 (OEM). I'm guessing that to replace the entire headlight enclosure, you're looking at $800+. Crazy - especially for a 2 year old car. Not sure if they sell aftermarket headlights for the 9th gens yet, but you may want to look into that - I'm sure it would be MUCH cheaper if they are available yet. Normally, I use and recommend OEM parts - especially on such a new car - but obviously, the quality of the OEM headlights is not so great if they are failing so soon. Unless it was just a fluke - that may be too...

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My thoughts too, but it was just the halo. The rest of the headlight works perfectly.

I did see some Oracle lights, for this car. Might call and check them out. Verify they are for this vehicle. Website didn't say for the Limited or fleet version, so.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hopefully mine dont burn out :) good luck with that, oem replacement headlights are going to be well over 500$ range

·
Registered
461 Posts
My passenger side HALO ring apparently burned out. Is this a whole headlight replacement or can i replace the ring? Couldn't find any info on this issue. Thanks for the help.
Don't forget to eliminate the chances of it being a wiring issue! I'd hate for you to spend that money to discover a wire came loose or something.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'll be checking connections and such tmrw. It's odd that it's just the halo and nothing else. Everything else about that headlight works.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Do you fix the halo? I got the same problem my halo is not dead is just no as bright like the other one I check cables and nothing

1 - 11 of 11 Posts