Impala Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went at it with a Orange G8 GT. I was minding my business and it popped up and went pass me. Soon as i knew it was a G8 GT i had to mess with it. I KNEW i wasnt going to beat it, but i wanted to test the Imp with all my upgrades. He was one car length ahead, so i can say that my car did well. I let up and he eventually did the same i caught up and told him good race. He smiled and took off. I am Surprised that this car kept up with a G8 GT. I have Trifecta Tune + CAI + Magnaflow Catback + 12.7 Front Calipers + Rear Dom Rome strut tower Brace. That torque on that G8 GT was nice af went it took off on me in the beginning. The LFX @ high RPM's did good at bridging the gap but i needed little more ponies to get him. The transmission was shifting nice too. I can say I did a good job changing the transmission fluid, its been sharp. The brakes was way nice when i was braking at high speeds. You couldnt hear a thing and it Bit hard when i wanted too. I think i should change the rear Rotors and pads to have even better braking. But then again im thirsty for more power after that. Hopefully Will will have a parts sale for Black friday. I want the 80mm TB and Jac Fab Spacer. :giggle:

·
Registered
772 Posts
A friend of mine just recently got a 2012+ and those are much more faster than the 2011- models. At least compared to my 3.5 LT which isn't a slouch but those new 3.6 engines and 6 speeds transmissions just GO!
I almost want to get rid of my 07' for a 2012 now lol. I know yours pulls even harder since you've modded it some.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A friend of mine just recently got a 2012+ and those are much more faster than the 2011- models. At least compared to my 3.5 LT which isn't a slouch but those new 3.6 engines and 6 speeds transmissions just GO!
I almost want to get rid of my 07' for a 2012 now lol. I know yours pulls even harder since you've modded it some.
Pull even harder now that i installed high flow cats. Only thing left is the jac fab spacer and 80mm tb.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.