Impala Forums banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
A remote so I don't have to manually adjust the bass and gain on my amp. But yeah, idk why it was doing that with the sunroof but glad to have that out the way. Now I have to resolder one of my tinsel leads...... Smh

·
Registered
48 Posts
You would need to find what type of bass remote knob works with the amp. As I said before a new amp is best and if you get a new one I would get one that either has one or you can add one for 10 bucks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #83
Yeah that's the plan. Upgrade the amp, then the subs. Any suggestions? I want to keep it at or around 1000 watts, I don't want to start getting into adding capacitors and extra batteries and all that.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Depends on what your looking for and price point. I am a sound quality guy (sq). I spent 3k on my system for arc audio speakers throughout an arc audio amp and a single image dynamics 12" sub. It is the loudest system I have ever heard. It won't rattle ppl from down the street but you can clearly hear the words to my music from a distance, I listen to metalcore screaming music so it pisses ppl off lol. If you don't care about sound quality and mainly just want to add bass, for a low price skar makes good quality subs speakers and amps. They are pretty close to sundown audio for half the price. If your looking to spend serious money check out FI Audio digital designs Ct sounds sundown image dynamics Dayton etc avoid Rockford unless it's team series any kicker mtx kicker Sony pioneer etc. the main stream store bought stuff is trash. If you are looking to stay cheap but want the prices of store bought stuff go with skar. I love my system, but not everyone wants crisp music and has 3k to spend on speakers subs soundproofing etc. if you tell me what exactly you want I can give you some better recommendations.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Is JL pretty garbage too? I am willing to spend about a thousand into it. I listen to a lot of rap, but I like the sound of the bass in sealed box more than boomy bass from a ported box

·
Registered
48 Posts
Jl you are paying for the name a comparable to jl would be what I have in image dynamics. At least for the sub it's in a tiny sealed box custom to its specs hardly takes up any trunk room. The amp I have is a very expensive 5 channel that powers all my doors and sub. Was 600 just for that. If you are fine with your speakers I would recommend an image dynamics sub id12 or idq12 if you want more bass and a skar amp. Would cost maybe 500 with a custom box and do better than what you have now for sure. It's got bass but is clean. Improves sound doesn't just add a bunch of bass and rattle.

81 - 92 of 92 Posts