Impala Forums banner

2014 impala

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Impoor 
#1 ·
2014 impala a/c compressor won’t engage…checked refrigerant and all looks good tried switching relays and that didn’t help either…I know there’s sensors also…can anyone help narrow down the issue so I can make sure I don’t have to change a compressor.

#2 ·
May check/replace low side cycle switch. Also, with the a/c commanded on, "carefully" tap the compressor faceplate with a broomstick, etc. to see if it will pull in/engage. If it does, your airgap is too large. Did you check the refrigerant charge with a set of manifold gauges?

#3 ·
That’s the pressure sensor isn’t it? I’m going to bypass that tonight to see if I can get it to kick on, but as far and manifold gauges no I did not, don’t have any all I had was the refrigerant can with the gauge and it said full

#5 · (Edited)
If you have these problems, it is best to replace the compressor, because even if you fix everything, sooner or later the problem will return. I also suggest you go to a good dealership and have them replace the compressor. At least, that's what I would do. What to do in this situation is up to you. Also, I regularly read car news on this site -- ข่าวรถยนต์ and know what parts to buy for a particular car model. I hope my post will be useful to you, my friend.

#6 ·
Adjust your temperature to full cold ...turn on fan speed control a least a couple of clicks...them hit and turn on the recycleing switch .... Do not touch the AC switch ...Now go check the compressor ... Is it on now or not ???
By default with the fan switch on.. temp set to cool ..and inguaging recirculation (recycle) switch the compressor comes on if wiring and or compressor is good

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.