Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lost all sounds, no ringing bell, no signal flasher sound, no radio and no infotainment, just shows digital clock. Also no tire pressure.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Lost all sounds, no ringing bell, no signal flasher sound, no radio and no infotainment, just shows digital clock. Also no tire pressure.

I bought a new 2014 Impala 2LTZ.

Intermittently, I had similar problems. It also included a hood ajar warning (hood closed).

I took it for warranty repair and the dealer reprogrammed the computer several times - with no improvement.

The dealer called Chevrolet Technical Assistance and was told to check a major electrical connector in the LF footwell, behind the left foot scuff panel. The dealer technician found the connector not fully seated (snapped together). Once snapped together, those problems were eliminated.

The service advisor told me about the call and what the technician found. I did not actually see the exact location and do not have a TSB number (if there is any) to help. The advisor said technical assistance immediately knew what the problem was, when he called, and gave him specific instructions on what to check.

Good luck.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Although it seems you have some subtle differences, I'm wondering i you're experiencing the same thing I did when I first got my 2LTZ. All the sound went out - no audio from anything, as you describe, though the radio *did* look like it was playing something (as opposed to being stuck on the clock). It seemed a "reboot" was in order. I posted it about it here, and a few others have had the same issue:

https://chevroletforum.com/forum/impala-14/2014-impala-2lz-no-sound-67840/

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I tried all the tricks, tried resetting the system before taking it to the dealer. He said it was the BCM, fingers crossed that's it.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the same exact thing happen to me yesterday. It totally freaked me out. I'm wondering though if it had something with my Bluetooth. I tried to initiate a call on Bluetooth before the MyLink had fully booted up. I say this because even when I disconnected my phone from the Aux Cable and held it by itself and tried to play a YouTube Video, no sound came from my phone.

Just a thought...

·
Registered
2,704 Posts
I don't know the gen9 Impalas very well, but in the past, what I've seen is two +12V wires going to the radio. One is continuous and keeps the clock running and the presets alive. The other is switched by the ignition. I'm wondering if you somehow have an issue with the switched +12V whereby the radio doesn't see it and never wakes up. That could be due to a wiring issue or perhaps an issue with the ignition switch.

If it's not the BCM, this is where I would look next.

Doug

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
After dealer replaced BCM and got some stuff working he said something else was not working, possibly the radio. So rather than paying anymore we traded it in and bought a 2018. Now it's Chevrolet's problem.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts