Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone I need a little help. My 2014 impala has a missing hex screw from the negative battery terminal. It's the one that screws the ground cable to the battery. I know it's hard to find from other posts but if someone can help me with the specs on it I would greatly appreciate it. A picture would also be great! Thank you

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Hello everyone I need a little help. My 2014 impala has a missing hex screw from the negative battery terminal. It's the one that screws the ground cable to the battery. I know it's hard to find from other posts but if someone can help me with the specs on it I would greatly appreciate it. A picture would also be great! Thank you

I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ (9th generation - not the Impala Limited). I can not help you with the specs, but would suggest checking with a GM dealer to see if the bolt and nut (screw?) is sold separately. You may be able to go to a hardware store and select a bolt and nut to use. Here is a picture of mine:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,954 Posts
Go to wrecking yard and get a couple of them off some wrecks. They probably wont even charge you for them. Will save you tons of headaches trying to find one at hardware store. They are UNIQUE and I don't think GM sells them separately and you dont even want to price out a replacement cable.

Good luck

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
I would definitely check on a site like gmpartsnow.com or gmpartsdirect.com - just in case they do sell them separately. If not, like @Pauly mentioned, I would think that a junkyard would be your best bet. If they don't sell them separately, then I don't think a dealership can get you one separately either. But if they are sold separately, one of those GM part sites should have them as well (I don't know about you, but I avoid going to dealerships at all costs!). :)

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts