Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, im not sure if the wind or heat unglued one side off the track but it is hanging down on one side. Does anyone know of a way to fix this easily :)? Or have any instructions or information on how to? Everything is working properly just hanging down on passenger side. Thank you for any and all information, Greatly appreciated
20200713_185153.jpg

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Just be careful it doesn't get caught up in the sliding mechanism.
A few of us on here have had issues with that sunshade. Last year on vacation I opened our sunroof, or tried to, and the stupid shade got caught up in the mechanism and ripped it. I stopped it before it got got worse and now ours sags down. I haven't opened the sunroof in almost a year now because if I try I get a ripping sound and I don't want it sagging all the way down.
Heard it was costly to fix so I haven't had it repaired yet.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Hello All, im not sure if the wind or heat unglued one side off the track but it is hanging down on one side. Does anyone know of a way to fix this easily :)? Or have any instructions or information on how to? Everything is working properly just hanging down on passenger side. Thank you for any and all information, Greatly appreciated View attachment 163203

I have a 2014 Impala 2LTZ with the sunroof and shade, purchased new.

GM issued a lengthy TSB regarding the fabric delaminating, causing it to jam and/or not open/close.

I have read the TSB but do not have a copy of it. You may want to do an Internet search. I think I posted a link to the TSB on this forum some time ago, but I don’t have the link.

The TSB is NOT a recall, but rather instructions to the dealer on how to repair the problem with an update part (which would be covered only by the warranty or extended GM warranty). It would be customer-pay, if the vehicle is out of warranty.

EDIT: See Post #4

·
Registered
9 Posts
My 2014 LTZ did the same thing. 3-4 times i opened the sunroof after it did that is when one side got jammed and i just cut the fabric out. I do plan to get the sunroof tinted tho!!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks everyone for all your help and information. Maybe one day there will be a repair manual...one day

1 - 6 of 6 Posts