Impala Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just landed an amazing deal on this Olympic white model and so far I like the Bose sound, the 300HP 3.6L and the nifty handling. The low rise tires on 19" wheels feels far more catty like than previous models. On top end she is very stable and quiet which is bound to get me in trouble. Gone are the days of replacing keys and fobs at the user level. It now takes a locksmith or dealer to get the job done because of the added security. Bluetooth pairing was so much simper than before. On-Star is seamlessly woven into the electronics.
My only concern is the electronic 6 speed automatic transmission. It seems to have some issues but I have to get more comfortable with the technology before I throw rocks. As I understand it, she has to get used to me too!

The car seems very solid and I plan to keep her for a long time coming.
:eek:k3:

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Cool! I also have an Olympic White Impala (2012 LT though). Same 3.6L engine and 6-speed transmission. I'm in the same boat where I love the engine, but not particularly happy with the 6-speed transmission due to strange shifting. However, I should have the Overkill tune applied (www.getoverkilled.ca) this week, which supposedly corrects a lot of the stock tuning (engine and transmission), so there may be some hope for the transmission after all...

Love the white 8th gens - I think it's one of the nicer colors (wasn't really looking for a white Impala, but they are great deals).

Welcome and as I'm sure you'll quickly find out, there are a lot of great members on this site with knowledge in every aspect of these cars!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Super Moderator
10,732 Posts
ahhh...you sure its a 2014 Impala Limited? The 2014 Limited is an 8th gen model and never came with 19s. The 9th gen 2014 Impala can though. Maybe you have a 9th gen LTZ?

·
Go Get It
15,048 Posts
Might have been a mis-type?

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My mistake and typo! I didn't know the 2014 was still 8th generation but it makes perfect sense.

The tires are 18 not 19".

JT on your LT are you getting the 30MPG on the highway? I can't get better than 22 on the highway on this LTZ. My 09 LT got an easy 32MPG with the AC running on the superslab.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
You should be getting way more than 22mpg on the highway... I average about 22mpg overall (mostly non-highway driving). I really don't keep a close on on MPG, but you should easily get 30mpg+ on the highway in this car.

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Really? I thought that these cars got much better mileage on the highway (I've read multiple reports of 30mpg+)... I'll have to try logging it sometime on my next highway trip... I mean if I get 22mg average (long term average on the DIC), I would think that I'd get 30mpg+ on the highway.

Anyone else have any numbers for highway only?

·
Registered
237 Posts
I always reset the DIC, before taking extended highway trips. With cruise set at 80, I average 29-31 mpg, on trips to Denver (140 miles round trip). Even on my last trip, to Iowa (about 1500 miles, round trip), I averaged right at about 30 mpg. That's with five people, and a trunk full of luggage!

·
Registered
152 Posts
I don't consider the DIC as a very accurate indicator of the MPG. I calculate mine every fill-up and the DIC is almost always 0.5 to 1 MPG higher than what it actually is. That said, I have an average of mid 24s overall for the almost year I've had the car. I have lots of short trips though, I only work 1.5 miles from home. On highway mileage the best tank I've had is 32 something. If you click the link to Fuelly in my signature, you can see the data from every fill-up I've done on the car. If you look at the notes next to each entry in the log book section, you can see what my MPG on the DIC is compared to what was calculated.

·
Designated Driver
4,516 Posts
Whereas, my DIC is so accurate that after 2.5yrs of trying to defunct it, I'm just going to believe it from now on.
It's never made itself look better by over stating my mpg's. It has always shorted itself by less than .2mpg.
That's pretty friggin' accurate!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Whereas, my DIC is so accurate that after 2.5yrs of trying to defunct it, I'm just going to believe it from now on.
It's never made itself look better by over stating my mpg's. It has always shorted itself by less than .2mpg.
That's pretty friggin' accurate!
CinRed I had the same experience with my 09 LT. That's why I was startled that I couldn't even granny the LTZ above 22MPG on the slab. I'll get some actual readings on my next trip to double check the DIC. If it is accurate then I'll be nosing around with filter, lines and brakes. Maybe a trip to pester the dealer on it. I have to maintain some respect for the Impalas.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Just landed an amazing deal on this Olympic white model and so far I like the Bose sound, the 300HP 3.6L and the nifty handling. The low rise tires on 19" wheels feels far more catty like than previous models. On top end she is very stable and quiet which is bound to get me in trouble. Gone are the days of replacing keys and fobs at the user level. It now takes a locksmith or dealer to get the job done because of the added security. Bluetooth pairing was so much simper than before. On-Star is seamlessly woven into the electronics.
My only concern is the electronic 6 speed automatic transmission. It seems to have some issues but I have to get more comfortable with the technology before I throw rocks. As I understand it, she has to get used to me too!

The car seems very solid and I plan to keep her for a long time coming.
:eek:k3:

I have the exact same car; 2014 LTZ limited, love it as well! Did you happen to get the tune?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts