Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I've had my car for about 3 months now and my airbag light turns on randomly whenever I have a passenger with me, it hasn't done it in a while but a month ago it was doing it all the time, it'll turn on then turn off randomly, I took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't diagnose it kuz the light didn't turn on. anybody have the same problem????

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
so I've had my car for about 3 months now and my airbag light turns on randomly whenever I have a passenger with me, it hasn't done it in a while but a month ago it was doing it all the time, it'll turn on then turn off randomly, I took it to the dealership and they said they couldn't diagnose it kuz the light didn't turn on. anybody have the same problem????

Yes.

My wife and I purchased a new 2014 Impala 2LTZ. On the way home from the dealership on the day of purchase, the passenger seat belt light would randomly turn on and off, and the chimes wouuld randomly sound (with only a driver - no front seat passenger).

I returned to the dealership and they reprogrammed the passenger presence system. Recently, I saw media accounts where GM has issued a safety recall for 2014 and 2015 Impala models equipped with the heated / cooled front seats due to a manufacturing error involving the front passenger presence system. My car has these seats but I have not received a recall notice yet.

Find another dealer who knows how to fix the car correctly or contact GM's customer assistance (which will only make your dealer mad at you). Good luck.

Info on recall: http://www.edmunds.com/car-news/201...alled-for-front-passenger-airbag-concern.html

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Just to clarify - @OP - are you talking about an 8th gen or a 9th gen? 8th gen is the older-style Impala and the 9th gen is the newer-stye. They are both available as a 2014. The older style is technically called an "Impala Limited".

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yea my impala has the same seats as you do and I haven't received a recall notice either, but I'll look into calling GM and this is not the limited impala

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Sorry - I just realized this was in the 9th gen section! DOH!

Sent from my HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts