Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I bought a 2014 impala limited police at a auction. The car has 60,805 miles. It had been in a accident but no major damage. The car had sat for at least a year. I am thinking more like 2-3 years. The city garage had taken some parts off to use on some of their other cars. The ABS unit was missing. I took one off a 2016 impala limited at a junk yard and installed it on my car. That leads to my first question. Are ABS units VIN coded? Do I need to have the abs unit flashed to the cars vin? My abs light,traction control , service brake assist and service stabletrack are being displayed. The car runs great though.Also I have no power to the power window or power seat fuses and the power door locks do not work on the door panels or the key fobs. I have power to the red wire with black stripe at top of picture but not the other red wire beside it. Anyone have any ideas?
IMG_1752.jpg

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I called the dealer and they told me the abs module does need to be flashed to the cars computers. Said they can not guarantee a used unit will work. Said it would be $135. for the flash whether it works or not.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I installed the abs unit. The car has a C0110 abs code. C0110- The pump motor relay is not engaged during normal system operation. When the anti lock brake system or traction control system operation is required the EBCM activates the pump motor relay and turns the pump motor on.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts