Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I own a 2014 Impala Limited with the 3.6L engine.

In the course of changing the air filter, I removed the electrical connector from the MAF sensor to gain some extra slack.

I went to use the car later that night, and I noticed the electric cooling fans came on at full speed and remained that way the entire 10 minute trip I took (even though engine was not hot). When I parked the car and shut it off, the fans remained running for a good 5 minutes afterwards.

I started investigating, and discovered that when I re-inserted the electrical plug, I must have bent one of the pins on the MAF sensor, and it was flattened to the bottom of the housing and touching another pin. I tried bending the pin back, but it is still not quite straight. I think bending it twice also weakened the pin somewhat. I also discovered that the mating plug itself got somewhat mangled, and it looks like one of the contacts is in bad shape.

It looks like my MAF sensor will need replacement, however, does anyone know where I can find the mating electrical plug that is attached to the wiring harness?

The MAF part number is 20787043.
The mating plug has the following markings: 140511A C08C. I can't seem to locate, so maybe that is not the part number.

Thanks,
Erik

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Go to your GM dealer with the car's VIN. The part's department employee can determine if GM sells a pigtail connector for the damaged one, that you could splice-in.

I do not have a part number that will enable you to look online and order it. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice "1999 White C5 Coupe". It turns out I found a pigtail connector online.

If anyone else encounters this problem, I was able to find a generic "8-way MAF Sensor Plug Connector Pigtail" online at a place called Ballenger Motorsports in Mechanicsville, VA.

Part # is CONN-85897 and goes for $21.99.

I have since learned that the AC Delco pn20787043 8-pin MAF sensor is built by Hitachi, and the pin out is as follows:
 Pin 1 – Signal, IAT 1
 Pin 2 – +5V Reference
 Pin 3 – Low Reference
 Pin 4 – Signal, BARO (TIAP)
 Pin 5 – Ignition, +12V
 Pin 6 – Signal, MAF
 Pin 7 – Ground, Chassis
 Pin 8 – Signal, Humidity (duty cycle – %) and IAT 2 (frequency – Hz)

Apparently I had bent and shorted pin 1 (IAT 1) to pin 2 (+5V reference), so that the IAT 1 signal was always high.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts