·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Thanks for posting these! Great looking car...if only it had AWD. :/

·
Cucky
662 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
your welcome! They are nice cars. One thing that certainly bothered me was the back end of the car. In the pictures the blue one is the LTZ while the red one is the LT and you can see how boring/bland the LT is. As there is literally nothing there. It has dual exhausts too but the pipes are just turndowns

·
Registered
80 Posts
Thanks for posting.
I think I like the turn downs more so than the chrome in the back.
I have a 2010 that has the turn downs. The exhaust turns my white car black where the exhaust comes back up on the car. Gotta wash often.
Doesn't exhaust turn chrome dull?
Edit to add. Tires look low profile. Don't know if I like that.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks for the picts. What show was these at ? I will be looking into a LTZ as soon as they start hitting the dealers, great looking car. I almost got a cadillac XTS but I am waiting for the impala now

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
the photos are from naias. North American International Auto Show,Detroit. I am going to be there tomorrow! Currently, if you want all wheel drive, you're going to need to go with you XTS.

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
/\ right, but I was just speaking to the choice between an Impala or XTS.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
im driving 2013 lacrosse as a rental and its a sweet beautiful car deffinitly compares to a cadillac

does that impala have halos from the factory?

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
Right, I'm just throwing out his third epsilon option. I have heard great things about it.

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
Honestly a absolutely stunning car. Im still blown away by how nice it is and im used to my girlfriends 2012 buick regal cxl.

Now the $45k price tag will defer my 19year old self but for anyone in that market its not to be overlooked.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
It is nice but, too bad it's assembled in canada. And is designed by a company that has been close to filing bankruptcy multiple time's.

Ahh great gm with the ugly gold bowties once again

Edit: No master window switch on the drivers door? Nevermind that's a rear door

Sorry just not a fan of gm's old ways

·
Registered
86 Posts
AWD is not a must for me . My wife has a 2008 AWD fusion and fuel mileage is terrible. They said it would be about 1 MPG different but it is about 5. If it was a rear wheel drive I would probably prefer AWD

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
I saw it today. Nice, but not as impressed as I thought I would be.

AWD should not reduce mpg by 5. Thats a lot.

·
Mr. Handy
6,289 Posts
Lol not gonna lie im digging the halos but other than that eh another big slow fwd
The v6 model is 303hp, does 0-60 in 6.8 and weighs 150lbs more than the 2013. Not bad but, im still not a fan. Too much chrome and too big of wheels. The base LS model has 18's :yikes:

·
OEM LOL
3,804 Posts
303hp and 264tq
horsepowers sells cars torque wins races.
And the curve of that motor is way up in the rpm range

I had a lacrosse rental with that motor and while is was kinda quick it wasnt fast
id go buy a awd taurus sho that does 0-60 in 5.1 Seconds before a impala
just a tune puts them cars in the 4.7sec 0-60 range WITH AWD

·
Premium Member
10,732 Posts
303hp and 264tq
horsepowers sells cars torque wins races.
And the curve of that motor is way up in the rpm range

I had a lacrosse rental with that motor and while is was kinda quick it wasnt fast
id go buy a awd taurus sho that does 0-60 in 5.1 Seconds before a impala
just a tune puts them cars in the 4.7sec 0-60 range WITH AWD

+1!! 4.47 with my heavier AWD MKS. The AWD SHO guys with the same exact tune as me and same Airaid intake are hitting it in 4.3 seconds. (MKS stock 5.3/SHO stock 5.1)

While 6.8 used to be quick, it is no longer comparatively fast IMO. I think we had a whole thread on this topic. What used to be fast is just average now. 6.8 in a non AWD is just too slow to get me excited now. It's acceptable and I would buy it for my wife and would not mind driving it, but it's not "fast".

Reactions: Ejbiers

·
Registered
848 Posts
Car looks even better in person.
I'd be happy with RWD. AWD is overkill for 99% of car buyers :)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts