Impala Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will I have to reset some settings if I disconnect the battery? Having a problem with the radio and read if the battery is disconnected for 10 seconds it could reset the radio.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Will I have to reset some settings if I disconnect the battery? Having a problem with the radio and read if the battery is disconnected for 10 seconds it could reset the radio.
I bought a new 2014 Impala 2LTZ. While under warranty, NUMEROUS updates were done to the vehicle’s radio and computer systems due to numerous problems.

In the fall of 2018, I replaced the original battery with a new Delco battery, as preventive maintenance. I had no problems and did not have to reset anything. The idle may seem slightly different, as it defaults to a factory base setting.

What type of radio problems are you having?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I bought a new 2014 Impala 2LTZ. While under warranty, NUMEROUS updates were done to the vehicle’s radio and computer systems due to numerous problems.

In the fall of 2018, I replaced the original battery with a new Delco battery, as preventive maintenance. I had no problems and did not have to reset anything. The idle may seem slightly different, as it defaults to a factory base setting.

What type of radio problems are you having?
Wife said she turned on the radio after having some body work done and no sound. I haven't seen the car because she left it at the shop. I wouldn't think anything the shop did would effect the radio. The shop replaced a door and painted it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts