293 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
IMG_1786.jpg

Just a we bit of room for the magnet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
138 Posts
I like the navy since it does not interfere with anything in the car. And it gives a fiber optic output.

I was going to go stealth, however there’s just to much $ tied up in the stuff I already have. I will be switching to a sealed subwoofer inclosure since that hits smoother and more accurate on bass production. As a trade off the box is only 1/2 the size of the potted enclosure. Slowly but surely the blueprint is going to become reality. Still putting stuff together. Weighing out ideas.

I may just say screw the nav tv. Stick with the stock Bose system since it sounds pretty darn good as is. And just add a sub with a line out converter. I’m really starting to lean that direction. I went all out on the last car and to be honest I think the stock mids and highs sounded better and fuller. And I spent like $1000 on those mids and highs.

Time will tell we will see lol

My sound system is very SQ oriented and just happens to get decently loud. I just couldn't go back to anything factory because it just sounds sooo good lol. I initially started with only an loc with subs to stock system, but i wasn't happy because the sub didn't blend to the system overall very well so i redid everything. The LC7 is my weak link holding my system back to do even more which is why i was curious about navtv because you're the only one here that has mentioned it! But i don't think ill need it with the arc ps8 dsp. It's practically the same price as navtv after paying for install on navtv as well here in Utah.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Helllo everyone,
Here’s some updated pics of my slow progress of my speaker build

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Got a little more done today.

Acrylic window leds came in. A little test. I know logo is upside down was only a test IMG_2127.jpg

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
She’s almost done!!

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
For those of u looking to run a power wire. There’s a great access point to run large wires behind center console. To the right of the gas pedal.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Amp wiring done under hood

Box is in and testing. Still have sound deadening to do and put rear carpets back in. But for now I’m just playing around and wow is it loud/great sounding

·
Registered
2 Posts
Having a tone and volume problem with my 2018 impala premier, the volume gets low and the radio sounds flat the balance changes left to right and the radio just sounds flat (like a cheap radio) and will slowly go back to a pretty good sounding radio after I come to a complete stop, honestly, my 2017 ford xlt 150 city truck sound far better, so far the Radio screen , Radio control module, and the Shark fin antenna have been replaced and the problem still exist, the problem is intermitting, sometimes very noticeable and other times not so noticeable, anyone else have had this problem?

·
Registered
110 Posts
Having a tone and volume problem with my 2018 impala premier, the volume gets low and the radio sounds flat the balance changes left to right and the radio just sounds flat (like a cheap radio) and will slowly go back to a pretty good sounding radio after I come to a complete stop, honestly, my 2017 ford xlt 150 city truck sound far better, so far the Radio screen , Radio control module, and the Shark fin antenna have been replaced and the problem still exist, the problem is intermitting, sometimes very noticeable and other times not so noticeable, anyone else have had this problem?
Go in the menu system and turn off the auto volume, it may help the issue. I never use it, I find it annoying.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion Bowtie396, and sorry for the delay in thanking you! unfortunately that was tried after the first dealer visit, I am now working with a third dealer in the hopes that they can fix the problem (car is under factory warranty) I like the car so much that I might just void the warranty and fix it with the information that I can get on this site, Thanks again

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Factory amp may be the issue.

Located in the rear right by the tail light.

I have a 2019 premier and no issues in my system.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
If you choose to upgrade ur system and bypass the factory amp all together.

The best way to do it is to pick up a NAVtv unit (gm650) is the part number. Not cheap tho, they run about $500

But worth every penny.

I have one in my car and it took me 10 min to put it in.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Anyone know if the M650-GM or AX-DSP-MOST1 work with NON-bose systems? I have a '17 2LZ without Bose. It indeed does have a factory amp in the right rear of the trunk.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Anyone know if the M650-GM or AX-DSP-MOST1 work with NON-bose systems? I have a '17 2LZ without Bose. It indeed does have a factory amp in the right rear of the trunk.
According to the site, NO.

NOTEs:

- NON-BOSE vehicle equipped with CarPlay or Android Auto are NOT COMPATIBLE.

- BOSE-equipped vehicles with CarPlay / Android Auto are compatible.

- Some NON-BOSE systems may require a tuner-swap, which cost $200 with the return of the original tuner. Some GM vehicles have a known factory bug which produces a small issue when this module is installed. Contact NAV-TV for more information.

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
In this type situation I’d highly recommend the audio control lc7i for upgrading sound system. Works like a charm. There’s a good amount wiring involved but once in it is a fantastic piece to make ur system work properly

41 - 59 of 59 Posts