Impala Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

From humble to handsome
by Luke Vandezande

As the brand’s flagship and design leader, the new 2014 Chevrolet Impala isn’t anything like past generations relegated to taxi duty and law enforcement.

With plenty of Impalas serving as fleet cars today, it may be a testament to their long term reliability, but no one wants to drive a taxi as their vehicle of choice.

Which is why GM plans to help lose the stereotype by selling last-gen models to fleets for another year while this handsome new car is destined for suburban driveways.
LOOKS GOOD ON CAMERA, BETTER IN PERSON

With its standard projector beam headlights, 18-inch wheels, sculpted body lines and hefty hips, it’s looks like the Camaro might have influenced this car’s styling.

Those wheels can be replaced with 19- or even 20-inch versions more suited to its large proportions. In fact, the 18-inch wheels are reserved for lower trim levels unavailable during Chevy’s initial rollout in April.

2014 Chevrolet Impala LTZ grille
Even if nothing else won points here, the new design certainly deserves some respect. Coming from being drab and ugly for decades, the new look positions this car to be as stylish, if not more so, than other large sedans – particularly the domestic competition.

The headlights are well proportioned to the grille and front fascia’s styling. A high beltline helps give the Impala a low-slung look while stylish creases accentuate its curves.

Plenty of chrome accents around the windows, grille and front fascia emphasize the body lines and the top trim LTZ models also have bumper-integrated exhaust ports borrowed from the Cadillac XTS.

A raked rear window helps hide the car’s size — something better noticed inside than out. In fact, the new car is actually longer than the 2013 model. It just wears it better.
Read the complete 2014 Chevy Impala First Drive at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am quite happy with the current design. Yes the new one looks great but the price point isn't very appealing.

Its like seeing a beautiful woman and then she opens her mouth and sounds like an idiot. She looses her appeal pretty quick.

I just want the new 3.6 so I'll opt down about 10-15k and get a 2012 or 2013 in a couple of years

Plus you can plastidip the interior to make it feel less hard plastic-like lol

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The front and exhaust look nice. I wish I had the impala hip emblems. But other than that... it looks like a kia. I'm not tryn to downtalk it. I'm sure its a nice car. But 40k+ for the same thing I got that isn't imo as original as it coupled be..

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
The front looks like a Camry and the rear looks like a Kia. Well done GM! Thanks for officially killing the Impala. The 2014 won't be offered as fleet vehicles anymore either, so if people don't buy this car, GM will discontinue it.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Doesnt look bad honestly. I just wish they made an SS.
When i think of the problems I've had with mine make me think twice about owning a impala again though.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
Doesnt look bad honestly. I just wish they made an SS. When i think of the problems I've had with mine make me think twice about owning a impala again though.
They are making a Chevy SS I believe. :eek:k3:

·
Registered
30 Posts
For same price you can probably hook up with charger AWD or 300 AWD, rather have that over a FWD personally. Unless someone gives this to me for free :p.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
For same price you can probably hook up with charger AWD or 300 AWD, rather have that over a FWD personally. Unless someone gives this to me for free :p.
Or even a RWD Charger and really tear up the streets. These new Impalas won't be used as fleet vehicles anymore, so vehicle sales will be entirely dependent on how much people actually like them.

·
Registered
848 Posts
What makes you say the new Impalas won't be used for fleet?

Chevy has the new SS to take on the Charger.

·
Super Moderator
22,815 Posts
They're doing the WBODY for fleet for a year or so while the 2014+ is produced.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
What makes you say the new Impalas won't be used for fleet?

Chevy has the new SS to take on the Charger.
That's what a Chevy salesman told me when I was at the dealership doing some test driving. The W-bodies are the last fleet Impalas that Chevy is producing. I'm hoping that at least some people like the 2014 Impala, otherwise if no one buys it, then it will be the end of the Impala.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts