Impala Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to the gas station and shut the car off, fill it, then go to restart and the starter stays on for an extended time. I have to try several times and use the gas to get past it. This does not happen when I first start the car for the day, or if the car stays off for an at least 30 minutes.

Can anyone help as it is now starting a faint drag on the starter, on occasion, when I first start it.

The remote starter does not work.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
I go to the gas station and shut the car off, fill it, then go to restart and the starter stays on for an extended time. I have to try several times and use the gas to get past it. This does not happen when I first start the car for the day, or if the car stays off for an at least 30 minutes.

Can anyone help as it is now starting a faint drag on the starter, on occasion, when I first start it.

The remote starter does not work.

Old or new model? Key cylinder or push button start?

Have you had the car scanned for any stored trouble codes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Wendy67, I'm not an expert by any stretch, but it Sounds like the purge valve. Sounds like mine did and found the answer on this forum. Not expensive <$30 (Part # 12690512 Vapor Canister Purge Valve ACDelco GM OEM). Videos on YouTube on how to replace it. Took me about 30 minutes to replace it. Uses a #10 socket, small socket driver and a pair of needle nose pliers. One of the senior members might be able to guide you more reliably or point you to the original thread. Hope this helps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts