Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I go to the gas station and shut the car off, fill it, then go to restart and the starter stays on for an extended time. I have to try several times and use the gas to get past it. This does not happen when I first start the car for the day, or if the car stays off for an at least 30 minutes.

Can anyone help as it is now starting a faint drag on the starter, on occasion, when I first start it.

The remote starter does not work.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I go to the gas station and shut the car off, fill it, then go to restart and the starter stays on for an extended time. I have to try several times and use the gas to get past it. This does not happen when I first start the car for the day, or if the car stays off for an at least 30 minutes.

Can anyone help as it is now starting a faint drag on the starter, on occasion, when I first start it.

The remote starter does not work.

Old or new model? Key cylinder or push button start?

Have you had the car scanned for any stored trouble codes?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Wendy67, I'm not an expert by any stretch, but it Sounds like the purge valve. Sounds like mine did and found the answer on this forum. Not expensive <$30 (Part # 12690512 Vapor Canister Purge Valve ACDelco GM OEM). Videos on YouTube on how to replace it. Took me about 30 minutes to replace it. Uses a #10 socket, small socket driver and a pair of needle nose pliers. One of the senior members might be able to guide you more reliably or point you to the original thread. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
36 Posts
When you say the starter stays on do you mean the engine wont shut off after you shut it off or do you hear the starter still trying to engage after vehicle is running ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts