Impala Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you members of this community already know and who read my other postings on this forum I am a rideshare driver (mainly Uber ). I have purchased my car with 40.6k, second hand from a car dealer (who shall ALWAYS REMAIN NAMELESS 馃が) and which I totally removed their name from my deck hood. I change my oil fluids religiously at 5k / 50k, respectively, using Mobile Synthetic high milage and then the dealer recommended tranny oil for my Chevy.

It now has 110322 miles on the engine which is a 2.5L 4-Cyl Eco LS. I had some standard maintenance done on it within the time I have had her. The waterpump with thermostat was replaced in early 2017 and within the time two O2 sensors have been replaced (the last one just last week after it passed emissions; go figure ) and this week the intake rocker arm valve needs replacing. Overall, my mechanic says these valves are the version 1 style and I guess they revamped them and there is a version 2 (a better style?), which is better and will last quite a bit longer. The next thing on the checklist is a coolant flush at 150k (and of course the oil fluids), is that really necessary since I replaced almost two gallons of coolant when my waterpump w/ thermostat unit was replaced almost 1.5 years ago? I would rather do it than not if it will save my radiator and seals.

When do I need to change the spark plugs or timing chain or anything else?

Now I am not going to change things if they ain't broke I ain't gonna fix them... lol.

No. Seriously. What do I need to keep within the back of my head to have this car last for 300k plus miles... if it is all possible?

I mean I want to be REALISTIC ABOUT this and PLAN for what needs to be taken care of, honestly.

Thanks for your input. I am not good with fixing things on a car myself, but I am not totally naive either.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Registered
What does your owners manual suggest for intervals? Also, when they changed the water pump do you get billed for 2 gallons of coolant?

Pat

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. I work with a mechanic that works with me and I brought (and bought) my own coolant because they are a small shop and only get what they need. So I try to help them out (and me) so as only to pay for the parts and labor expenses.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Also, the owners manual does not state at when to do a proper spark-plug change. In the owner's manual all it states after the coolant flush is to change the brake fluid at 240k. That is it from the manual.

This is why I was shouting out to this community to give me some approximations as to what to expect within the future for my maintenance endeavors. That is all.

Registered
Since my tea leaves and tarot cards are not available, the manual states 97,500 Miles for spark plug change normal wear.

The coolant was changed already. So no change is necessary. The stated interval is 150,000 miles.

Pat

1 - 6 of 6 Posts