Impala Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone this girl needs some help figuring out what’s going on with my baby girl!!! I haven’t been on for a while hope everyone is doing well.

Automotive parking light Sky Plant Car Vehicle

So my Impala LTZ LIMITED is being a pain in the ass lately. My traction control is coming on for no reason whatsoever, and it does it when I press on gas from a stop. I don’t understand why.? It started after having a tire place put my spring/summer rim’s on. ( these rims were on last summer with no problem) does anyone k know why??? Should I replace my tie rod on front left? I heard it could help fix my traction control?

Also I just replaced my front brakes and rotors which also of course came with new clips.((what a bitch those back caliper bolts were) now I can’t find for the life of me where the squeaking is coming from. I pulled my tire of last weekend my brakes looked fine and my clips were good and I could hear it just using my tools but very hard to pinpoint exactly where. It’s my front left side and it squeaking while turning my wheel mostly. Not super loud but, enough to notice. Any idea’s??? And today when I came to a normal stop before pulling out of Dunkin my Brake petal decided to have a grind feel but, didn’t do it the rest of the day driving! Oieee hope someone can help me please!
Thank you in advance for your suggestions :)

·
Registered
421 Posts
Hi everyone this girl needs some help figuring out what’s going on with my baby girl!!! I haven’t been on for a while hope everyone is doing well.

View attachment 166172
So my Impala LTZ LIMITED is being a pain in the ass lately. My traction control is coming on for no reason whatsoever, and it does it when I press on gas from a stop. I don’t understand why.? It started after having a tire place put my spring/summer rim’s on. ( these rims were on last summer with no problem) does anyone k know why??? Should I replace my tie rod on front left? I heard it could help fix my traction control?

Is the traction control light on?
Could be the abs sensor causing your problem. The squealing could be cheap pads. Did you lube the caliper pins? Unlikely that would cause a squeak but it may help.
Also I just replaced my front brakes and rotors which also of course came with new clips.((what a bitch those back caliper bolts were) now I can’t find for the life of me where the squeaking is coming from. I pulled my tire of last weekend my brakes looked fine and my clips were good and I could hear it just using my tools but very hard to pinpoint exactly where. It’s my front left side and it squeaking while turning my wheel mostly. Not super loud but, enough to notice. Any idea’s??? And today when I came to a normal stop before pulling out of Dunkin my Brake petal decided to have a grind feel but, didn’t do it the rest of the day driving! Oieee hope someone can help me please!
Thank you in advance for your suggestions :)

·
Registered
470 Posts
A tie rod won't cause a traction control problem. You may have a wheel speed sensor wire that has rubbed against the wheel lip or tire. Check the brake backing plate to see if is bent a little too close to the brake rotor. Also, check the bolts that hold the caliper mounting bracket to the steering knuckle, to make sure they are tight.

·
Registered
2013 Impala LT
587 Posts
Agreed, the traction control problem is not from your tie-rod. I was having the same problems of traction control engaging when I would turn and accelerate from a stop. I disconnected the ABS pigtails and cleaned them up with electrical contact cleaner, then applied di-electric grease and reconnected. Haven't had a problem since. As for the noise, I'd make sure that the dust shield didn't get bent and isn't rubbing on the rotor. Wouldn't think it would be a pin or clip issue if you hear it all the time, and not just when applying the brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts