Impala Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I'm looking to try and make my impala stand out from the crowd. I have a black 2014 2ltz with tan two-tone on the inside. Just trying to think of some ideas to make it cause a double take. I was thinking about blacking everything out such as the bowties and eventually get black rims to go with it. I already have the windows tinted 35/15. Will post pics later but just seeing what other people have. Let me know or post pics of any 9th gen impala upgrades. :D

Thanks

Czerniewski

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Will post pics later but just seeing what other people have.

Thanks

Czerniewski

Can't speak to appearance upgrades but welcome to the forum!
Yeah let's see pics!!

·
Registered
482 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have done a few touches, added midnight edition rims, badges, grilles. Also vinyl wrapped the chrome impala trim on the trunk. Other touches (interior trim wrap, floorboard lighting) have been a bit more subtle but you could always be more bold with your color and style selections. Here's a few pictures.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have done a few touches, added midnight edition rims, badges, grilles. Also vinyl wrapped the chrome impala trim on the trunk. Other touches (interior trim wrap, floorboard lighting) have been a bit more subtle but you could always be more bold with your color and style selections..
Yea I was wanting to get those rims when I bought the car last year, but nothing fell in my price range with the 2ltz. I eventually want to get 20s I think. So far those are the size I think looks best.

Where did you get your interior lighting, I was thinking about that but I haven't been able to pull the trigger on it? Also, the trunk trim looks great, I haven't seeen that anywhere. Is that just a vinyl overlay?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I think the addition of black bowties on your car and the removal of the chrome mirror caps would be a good start.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Where did you get your interior lighting, I was thinking about that but I haven't been able to pull the trigger on it? Also, the trunk trim looks great, I haven't seeen that anywhere. Is that just a vinyl overlay?
Beware of 20's as they will change the ride if you are used to 19's. The interior lighting is just an ice blue T10/194 bulb which can be purchased off Amazon or JDMASTAR (where I purchased). You could go with red, yellow, blue etc etc, just depends on your taste, I thought the ice blue matched the rest of the dash better. The trunk trim is a vinyl wrap with the letters cut out. I did not do the trim myself as I have unsteady hands on that type of stuff. The guy who did the wrap here locally did an amazing job after a body shop told me straight out painting it was not an option because of the time involved.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The trunk trim is a vinyl wrap with the letters cut out. I did not do the trim myself as I have unsteady hands on that type of stuff.
Thats what I was thinking of doing. You can find car wrap vinyl somewhat cheap. I know some guys that used to do that type of stuff for a living. I'm thinking I might try and make it look similar to the midnight edition in the front.

I think the addition of black bowties on your car and the removal of the chrome mirror caps would be a good start.
I think I am going to black the bowties but I'm not sure about the side mirrors. I was thinking of keeping those and the chrome on the sides and making making it more of a accent in the back by blacking the trunk chrome as ICUBB did. Also adding a OE Spoiler to the back. I think it'll make the chrome on the car pop more especially if I make the front end look similar to the midnight edition. Thoughts?

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
I like the chrome on the sides and agree you should keep that. Just not a fan of the chrome mirrors.
I had black vinyl on the bowties at first and it looked good but then I got the real black bowties and those look much better. If you can, go for the real black bowties.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
IMO the chrome capped mirrors chevy puts on EVERYTHING look cheesy and don't do the cars justice. however i like the chrome around the window frames for a little break in the black/body color, while giving the car a little "class".

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
The First Picture was an Actual Pic when I first got the car In November, I have since Blacked out my Bow-ties with CF, and Removed the Notre Dame Plate holders, because the Gold Didn't tie in anymore with the Original Bowties, The Next 3 pics are things I played around with trying to find what I actually wanna do in the End. The First one Is Crazy Murdered Out, But I like a touch of Chrome, for the Classy Look, Plus it ties into my 20's black with a chrome lip. So #1 is Crazy Wicked, but too much. Number 2 Is A Little Murdered but still with Chrome, and #3 is just The Middle Ground of #1 and #2 . At this Point I'm leaning toward #2 , It's Mean Looking, but keeps some Class (Chrome) And the Last Picture is What it Looks Like Right now. I did Order the Black License Plate, except it will say "ND*4LIFE" with the * being a Texas Symbol, and On the last pic you can see I got a new Black Frame, so it will cover up the White Lip of the Plate. I've also added a Black Rock/Bug Shield.

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Looks fine just like you have it. I don't care much for the rest

·
Super Moderator
12,441 Posts
Agreed - it looks great as-is. Sometimes, less is more where it comes to modding. If you go too far, it no longer looks 'right'. I think it looks fantastic as-is - the perfect amount of chrome (and in the right places).

Sent from my Hi10 pro using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,288 Posts
Yours looks fine as is too Mahknottnee. Don't change a thing.

·
Registered
148 Posts
ICUBB, I Love how you have the chrome trunk trim wrapped in vinyl and cut out the letters for Impala.

All of you are inspirational. I have gotten some good ideas of things I would like to do with mine.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Welcome to the forum. I have done a few touches, added midnight edition rims, badges, grilles. Also vinyl wrapped the chrome impala trim on the trunk. Other touches (interior trim wrap, floorboard lighting) have been a bit more subtle but you could always be more bold with your color and style selections. Here's a few pictures.
Where did you get the interior wrap kit? Looks nice...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts