Impala Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new here.

My company is selling off their fleet of ‘14 Impalas that our salesmen use for traveling to clients.

The one in particular I’m looking at is a well optioned 2LT with the v6. It has 125k miles but the maintenance history is spotless and it has had mostly highway miles. My boss said he’d give it to me for $3800 it seems like a screaming deal.

Any glaring issues I should be worried about with these? Any thing I should look for at this mileage? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
Hi all, new here.

My company is selling off their fleet of ‘14 Impalas that our salesmen use for traveling to clients.

The one in particular I’m looking at is a well optioned 2LT with the v6. It has 125k miles but the maintenance history is spotless and it has had mostly highway miles. My boss said he’d give it to me for $3800 it seems like a screaming deal.

Any glaring issues I should be worried about with these? Any thing I should look for at this mileage? Thanks in advance!

I bought a new 2014 Impala 2LTZ - now with 50,xxx miles on it.

There were MANY safety recalls for the 2014 Impala (new model). Mine experienced numerous electrical problems, some due poor assembly and some due to GM classic poor computer software design - which required numerous dealer repairs under warranty.

If you are confident of the service and crash history - the price seems very good. I would contact a GM dealer with the VIN to see if there are any outstanding safety recalls (or check the NHTSA.gov website).

My vehicle has been meticulously maintained and never damaged or crashed. There has been a variety of warranty repairs, but nothing major.

One thing I learned AFTER buying the car - the new model was only designed to mount two car seats in the rear. Although there are three upper LATCH anchors present (giving the illusion that there are three car seat spaces), but there are only five lower LATCH anchors - by design. If you place two car seats in the rear, they must be on the outboard side - which renders the middle of the seat virtually unusable for a passenger. The car salesman lied to me about the new model being able to hold three car seats in the rear seating area. I learned of the restriction after buying the car and reading the vehicle owner’s manual.

The car is a very quiet and comfortable, and drives very well.

Good luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
That is a good price and i would jump on it. However you should be prepared to put some money into the transmission. My 2015 with 71K miles just had the Torque convertor replaced with a shifting solenoid or something like that. tranny had to come out and come apart for the job and lucky to be covered under warranty. dealer cost would have been around $4K or more. If not under warranty i would have most likely bought a rebuilt off the shelf and had a local garage do the R&R . They have to program it and other BS. When i got it back the sunroof visor would only close half way. I kept looking to see what was jamming or stopping it. Turns out it needed to be re programmed. What part on the vehicle does not need dealer programming ?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts