Impala Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some time ago both remote control fob's quit working. I tried replacing the battery in the fob's and had no luck with that. I have read that the body control module may be the cause. I have had no luck finding were this is mounted in the car or how to test. Also there is supposed to be some kind of remote receiver but can find no info on this either. Any suggestions? Thanks. Billk

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just replacing Batteries won't cut it if new, replacement Fob's need to be relearned.
Consult the Chapter in your Operators Manual on reprogramming / replacing Fob's.
You'll likely need to enter Alpha/Numerical codes with the "Radio's" menu set to accept the reprogramming information and be verified on the display.

The issue of replacing Fob's on later model cars is a feature article in the October issue of
Consumer Reports™.

The long and short of it states it's less complicated and less expensive if you have one of the car's original Fob's to work with.

A brand new Fob might require a Dealership visit -- with the car.
Or, a house call from a bonded mobile Locksmith.

-- How to Replace Your Car's Key Fob
Consumer Reports™
October 2021. p. 62

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just replacing Batteries won't cut it if new, replacement Fob's need to be relearned.
Consult the Chapter in your Operators Manual on reprogramming / replacing Fob's.
You'll likely need to enter Alpha/Numerical codes with the "Radio's" menu set to accept the reprogramming information and be verified on the display.

The issue of replacing Fob's on later model cars is a feature article in the latest issue of
Consumer Reports.

The long and short of it states it's less complicated and less expensive if you have one of the car's original Fob's to work with.

A brand new Fob might require a Dealership visit -- with the car.
Or, a house call from a bonded mobile Locksmith.
I have the original fobs. I'll try the relearn this weekend. Thanks. Billk

1 - 6 of 6 Posts