Impala Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2013, 3.6 6spd, cruising down the road, sounded like a break pad dragging under acceleration. Looked in there, seen what I thought was a seal that was bad, thinking the cv was bad and curled the metal housing of the seal. Pop the CV out, which felt ok, to find this. Can’t seem to find a part listing for a bearing here, and definitely hard to find parts blowups since I found out there aren’t any Haynes manuals for ‘12 and up.

Any ideas? D02DEFB0-0700-4A0C-93B1-244062154DB7_1575762031294.jpeg

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Trans. output carrier thrust bearing? If so, ~$5 at Rockauto. Almost looks like the backside of a wheel bearing/hub assy., lol.

·
Registered
2,700 Posts
Trans. output carrier thrust bearing? If so, ~$5 at Rockauto. Almost looks like the backside of a wheel bearing/hub assy., lol.
It does indeed look like the back of a wheel hub !

I haven't pulled an axle out of a 6T70 transmission (yet) but it surely looks different than what I've seen on the 4T65's.

Doug

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Figured it out, intermediate shaft, comes through a housing almost like a carrier bearing on long bed trucks. Only found it by chance scanning through a bunch of sections on rock auto, and when you type the acdelco number in google, it doesn’t even cross to anything. B9957CC4-A450-4ECB-9543-30F0115EA626_1575844450137.png

·
Registered
97 Posts
Yikes! Spendy little bugga! IF you need the for sure part number send the VIN# to me via PM here in the forums and I can pull it up or better yet shopkey pro lets me look em up by plate number and state then it has all the vehicle options. If you have any trouble changing it out or need guidance, torque specs, etc let me know. You do need to torque the wheel bearing for sure where the cv axle comes out the hub bearing assembly.

Take some pics and do a tutorial while you're at it. Always just make a YouTube video and become a celebrity..... well after several videos and alot of views.... clicks.... etc... They've got some kinda algorithm at YouTube but don't know how it works.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts